my head hurts from decisions..

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
i plan on purchasing a black 2013 Mustang Gt In December of this year. Saving up for a good down-payment. In the mean time im doing some dream-shopping/planning for what i would like to do in the future. My biggest issue is wheels; so let me know what you guys think cuz i cant decide if this would look good or not.

I really like the look of the Forgestar F14f. However, i cant decide on the color scheme i would like! With the 2013 i want to order the brembo package with it and powder coat the brembos candy-red with aftermarket slotted rotors and powder-coat the middle candy red as well and i think that a matte-black F14 with a red time - attack stripe would look good with this setup.

An idea would be Volk-te37 Time attacks or ce-28 time attacks.
much like something like this...

http://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/275640-new-alliance-8-6-pot-red-bbk.html

(scroll down a little to see more pictures) thoughts? ideas? criticism? :)

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
If thats your thing, it wouldn't look too bad. it would be different.

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I think this could come out looking sick in the end!

Correct Thread Placement FTW

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Correct Thread Placement FTW

thanks, :lol:

Should look good, I prefer a wheel to pop on black, IE a polished rim. Bur go with what u want it's yours to live with.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
thanks, :lol:

Should look good, I prefer a wheel to pop on black, IE a polished rim. Bur go with what u want it's yours to live with.

yes thank you for the thread correction haha. I do too but i do love me some black. But like to have the wheel pop out; thats what im hoping the red on the rim/caliper/rotors will do .

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
go with true forged :)

This. I love my TF wheels and I never have to worry about seeing another car that looks like mine at GTGs where there is alot of Stangs who ALL seem to have the same wheels.

Even if you don't get TF wheels, get something different from the usual F14, RTR type wheels!

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
This. I love my TF wheels and I never have to worry about seeing another car that looks like mine at GTGs where there is alot of Stangs who ALL seem to have the same wheels.

Even if you don't get TF wheels, get something different from the usual F14, RTR type wheels!

i would love some rtr wheels...but a good friend of mine is getting a 5.0 too and he already has a set of rtr's i dont want to copy :) TF has been on my mine..orrr here is a thought CF5 carbon fiber dipped with a red stripe...as seen on the 360 forged wheel ;)

Mystickeith50

forum member
Reaction score
I think it would look great that idea. I love my f14s and as much as everyone bitches about "everyone" having them, I have yet to see another car in person with them. Lol I know they exist but peeps make it seem like you will see them on a corolla at the supermarket.

Kimura

!> /\/\
Reaction score
I think it would look great that idea. I love my f14s and as much as everyone bitches about "everyone" having them, I have yet to see another car in person with them. Lol I know they exist but peeps make it seem like you will see them on a corolla at the supermarket.

At the cars and coffee event here in Dallas this past weekend, there was so many of them you would think they came stock on Mustangs. lol.

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score

depends where you are and the kind of general public around you. I live in Stockton, CA so no one really has money to afford rims :). Ive been doin alot of research and found alot of different rims

One rim i would love to try is the Avant Garde m368

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
Besides the obvious power difference, the thing that makes me most envious of you 5.0 guys is the options for wheels. The more retro look of the 05-09's really limits our wheel choicesIMO, especially in my color.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
not to throw up copy cat wheels, but Varrstoen makes some sexy wheels.

a replica of both the Volk wheels your like.

claudermilk

Reaction score
Besides the obvious power difference, the thing that makes me most envious of you 5.0 guys is the options for wheels. The more retro look of the 05-09's really limits our wheel choicesIMO, especially in my color.

Funny, I've been feeling the opposite. It seems to me the majority of the 11-13 options all look the same, just minor variations on the same theme. Fortunately, I really like my Brembo package wheels (still a variation on the split-5-spoke theme).

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
not to throw up copy cat wheels, but Varrstoen makes some sexy wheels.

a replica of both the Volk wheels your like.

ya there are tons of replicas out there. Im a huge fan of volks coming from an import background...but im really skeptical about that look on a mustang; the only volk rim i could see on a mustang would be the phantom gt-s even then its still a skeptical look.

isthatguy

forum member
Reaction score
ive seen the rota grid's and the varrstoen (2.2.2 or w/e the te37 replica is) and they both looked fantastic.

the varrstoen was on a 2010+
and grids were on the s197

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

153844d1334621486-anyone-running-volk-wheels-s197-front.jpg

Clipboard

forum member
Reaction score
ive seen the rota grid's and the varrstoen (2.2.2 or w/e the te37 replica is) and they both looked fantastic.

the varrstoen was on a 2010+
and grids were on the s197

thumbnail.aspx

thumbnail.aspx

153844d1334621486-anyone-running-volk-wheels-s197-front.jpg

omg those varstoens look excellent....ugh maybe i can clone the te37 time attacks from a 20 inch varstoenn that be soooo pretttyyyy i love you for these thank you :)

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back