My New Battery

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, my car wouldn't start this morning. I jumped it off and then went off to Autozone after lunch...mmm ham, macaroni, mashed taters, turkey, etc....you know the whole 9 yards. Any ways, I got by battery checked and it was just about going dead on me. These damn motorcrafts are straight up pieces of SHIT. Also, checked my voltage on my alternator and was all good. So I replaced it with an amazing Optima Yellow Top 34/78. I'm loving it baby!!! I also went and filled up afterwards, and me always being to lazy to reset my battery I'm right at 345 miles on a full tank, use to I could go right at 200 right before I hit E.

Just wanted to let yall know about my new battery.

- Justin

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
if nick ever gets the battery for me, ill have an optima yellow top as well, LOL

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not gonna lie, it's looking pretty sweet up in my engine bay. Now i'm thinking about getting an aluminum battery box if I can find one that will fit with the optima battery.

Any of yall know where to find one? I'ma go check out lethal first, i know they got that kinda stuff on their site.

V

VSOP

Wait you want a battery box for under the hood or one to move it to the trunk..?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For under the Hood........if it's possible...

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Maybe its a batch of batteries, I've never had an issue with my battery at all and I've had my car for over a year.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've had to freaking jump my car off about 7 times in the past two weeks...it gets real tireding. I had the alternator and battery checked multiple times, and it kept on saying they were good....Though, I wanted a Yellow Top anyways :D

3V_V8

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well hopefully it will be the end of all your problems and it will mtach great with the car.

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So that's an interesting thought...replacing w/Optima and moving the baterry to the back to optimize weight dist....I guess I'd just need some heavy ass cable? Maybe use a heavy duty set uo jumper cables? Run them under the car in conduit? Anyone done this before?

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Eventually I'd like to move it to the back. But I'm way too lazy to do that right now....

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
MrClean said:
So that's an interesting thought...replacing w/Optima and moving the baterry to the back to optimize weight dist....I guess I'd just need some heavy ass cable? Maybe use a heavy duty set uo jumper cables? Run them under the car in conduit? Anyone done this before?

Many have. Its not as straight forward and easy as you might think. I had to do mine this way (see below) in order for the car to shut down via the master disconnect so I could pass tech. If you do it this way, make sure the block is also grounded to the frame.

I used 1 guage welders cable and ran under the rear seat--under the rocker panel--out a large gromet on the passenger side under the dash--comes out in the wheel well--make an immediate left to get into the engine bay. You also have to route the cable to the alternator the same way to the disconnect--otherwise when you turn off the disconnect--the alternator will keep the car running.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
psfracer said:
MrClean said:

Many have. Its not as straight forward and easy as you might think. I had to do mine this way (see below) in order for the car to shut down via the master disconnect so I could pass tech. If you do it this way, make sure the block is also grounded to the frame.

Thats pretty nice. Just too much work for me...

S197 GT

PINK Casting Director
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
94tbird said:
if nick ever gets the battery for me, ill have an optima yellow top as well, LOL

Still working on it bro! I'm waiting to hear back to see if it's been shipped yet. I've sent my payment for it, but I haven't heard back yet.

I'll let you know as soon as I get it, as they don't provide tracking numbers on them.

I've got one coming for you, and one coming for Cali HP...

Hell, at this point, you've been waiting longer than CK was for his....

MrClean

Marc; but I go by MrClean
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So...I had a red Optima in the Viper....what a yellow one...race spec?

V

VSOP

well yellow is faster...

Actually I think it has to do with deep cycle and cranking amps

Back