My new ride-Don't get too excited

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Great looking truck! Clean and that's awesome it has a factory nav option too.

Yeah, that was a big selling point for me. It's a Boston sound system with the Navigation, Bluetooth U-Connect, voice command, back up camera, DVD, and 20 gig hard drive. I love it.

And the remote start and heated leather is going to be nice in the winter. Not that I'll have it out in the salt if I can help it, but still.

I'll be putting a set of SRT-8 wheels on it soon like this one

driversidejeep.jpg

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
That would be awesome. Definitely do it. The SRT8 wheel is byfar the best looking wheel on these SUV's.... It matches the solid edge lines of the GC so well.

Yeah, I think they would really set it off nicely.

that looks hawt! clean too just to your liking

I'm dreading like hell doing a full detail on it. It doesn't have swirls, but there are some micro scratches from improper washing. Nothing that is hard to get rid of, but SUVs have a lot of panels and are much harder to get the roof done on than a car, lol.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Finally got around to doing a full detail on it.

CIMG5032.jpg

CIMG5026.jpg

CIMG5031.jpg

My camera skills suck, but after 2-8 hour days, I finally got it to look as shiny as the Mustang did.

Fully Stripped
Polished with M205
Black Fire Wet Diamond Sealant
Ultima on the Tires and trim

swat 79

forum member
Reaction score
Car looks fantastic!

Btw, I got the chemical guys maxxi suds, that is great stuff thanks for the recommendation!

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Did you clay it? Planning on putting a LSP? .. or are you using BFWD as a LSP?

Yep, did clay it, forgot to add that in the list.

I'm probably just going to just do the BFWD, I was planning on topping it with Natty's, but I'm doing 2 other projects this week and I'm pushed for time to get them done.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I did the entire car with Z5 and was going to leave it at that. Which actually looked pretty damn good. But then I got to noticing some places I wanted to polish out. Since I didn't have enough Z5 to do the entire car again, and I knew I would really need to polish the whole thing to be happy, I just stripped it down and started over. So, it took me longer than it should have, but I'm happy with it now.

I had already done the interior last week and the engine bay is "clean". Since it's not a show car, I didn't go crazy under the hood at all, just cleaned it up and some hyperdressing. No polishing or anything under the hood.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Did I make you do this? LOL!

I would have gotten around to it, since I do this stuff all the time, but your thread for sure got me off my ass. I figure if you can do it in all that heat down there, I had no excuse to be lazy up here, lol Course, we're in the 90's the last couple of days.

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Decided to go the off road look instead of the 20's

Ordered a set of these and some 255/70/17s Dynapro's

mamba_mr1_b_ci3_l.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back