My Project.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bought a house last month, started to work on it, lot of work in progress. (Wait until you see my garage).

Here is my first finished room. Forget to took some pictures for the before, so i used the one from the real state agency.
Did all by myself, it's my first reno job.

IMG_3176.jpg

IMG_3178.jpg

Yeah, originally the bedroom was all pink. a lot of paint job and wood work. Closet was done with one piece of MDF.

Rob1968

forum member
Reaction score
Looks great! Mind if I ask what color code the gray is? My wife really wants to paint gray on the walls but we have literally tried 10 different samples and none of them look that great...

Thanks

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Sneak peek : the mustang's home before the guys lift it in the air on monday.

IMG_0310.jpg

Yeah it's blurry by purpose, don't want to spoil everything now ;p

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So another step is finished , this one will be more interessting for you, THE garage !

Weak heart, go away ;p.

The size of the garage is around 20x30, the upper level is totally usable, it's a big storage room for all the mustang parts.

Before :

yeah it was a wood cabin, with rocks on the floor, wood directly on the ground, very small garage door on the right .

IMG_0264.jpg

And now !

wait for it

Now:
The garage door switched side and is bigger, more praticable, the door is on the side now to be in front of the house door, and surprisly the garage is around 2 feet higher than previously, you will see why !

IMG_0374.jpg

Inside before :

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

Inside now :

IMG_0376.jpg

To get there :

Support !
IMG_0317.jpg

IMG_0318.jpg

Up in the air !

IMG_0325.jpg

Say goodbye to the walls !
IMG_0326.jpg

Fondation !
IMG_0344.jpg

New walls
IMG_0348.jpg

And now you've seen the end, mostly totally straight (the walls were sinking so bad on the right was ready to fall) , insulated, heated etc..

I still have some paint to finish, the motor for the door, moving all my tools, mustang parts and stuff that are actually in my living room (no kidding) but since today i have a finished place.

Now i can go to the next step, finishing my home cinema room in my basement.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Took me 7h30 for the first coat of primer, and 5h for the second coat of paint, i'm exhausted. But finally i can put stuff in my garage.

i've removed my drag tire from my walk in closet in the bedroom, guess who is happy...

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So during the week end i finally finished a project taking all my day off since june, i can finally sit and don't move anymore until at least 6 months.

Did have a room in my basement, looked bad and funny, neon box in the ceiling, a stone thingy that kind look at as a fireplace but it wasn't, a small wall without a door "protecting" the electric panel room, an entry door not very high but very wide etc..

IMG_0294.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

After a lot of work with my computer guy's hands here is the result.

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_3262.jpg

IMG_3261.jpg

So i did two wall, totally insulated for noise, plus i put a sliding custom door hidden in one of the wall, led lighting in the ceiling, custom cabinet for the dvd with led lighting there also. all the cables are under the floor or in the walls

Notes :
The desk in the middle have two screen for the pc, the third screen is the tv.
There is no noisy equipement in the room, actually there is nothing else than screen, that's why i have a lot of cable under the floor. The old electric panel room is now my technical room :

IMG_3264.jpg

Here is my rack (still have work to do there)
From top to bottom
My network switch for all the home (i don't like wifi)
Cable setup box
In the middle the very big pc rack box
PS3
And the amplifier for the 5.1 Bose system

I have a universal remote control with 2 IR repeater in the rack, so i can controll all from the next room.

Ice on the cake, the PC is the center of my home theater, and as i'm a programmer i did something original.

I have a home made program that capture 60 time per second the image on the screen, analyze it, do some computing, then send some information over usb, to some electronics (arduino) hidden with a lot of cable behind the tv, there the electronic command 50 leds on a frame duck taped on the back of the tv. Here is the result

IMG_3270.jpg

IMG_3268.jpg

IMG_3273.jpg

Did a video a while ago during my first test, since i did a lot of tweak for color matching and speed etcc.. Don't have a more recent video, sorry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfi1jClwZwY&feature=youtu.be&hd=1

it's quit easy on the eyes, doesn't flash at all, very soft. After a few moment you totally forget the light and your eyeball are not tired when watching the bright tv in the dark.

So it was my hobby for the last 5 months, no i can go to sleep for the next 6 months of winter.
:highfive:
;p

Last edited:

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed it wasn't cheaper to tear that garage down and start over.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
I have an odd question about the first pics of the bedroom. What color is the furniture? I can't tell if it is dark brown or black? I really like the grey that you used, and am seriously considering copying this. It just depends on what color that furniture is. :)

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm amazed it wasn't cheaper to tear that garage down and start over.

I would have never had a permit for that, the garage is at the limit of my property, destroying the existing garage would meant build a new one according to code, so far from the border of the property.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have an odd question about the first pics of the bedroom. What color is the furniture? I can't tell if it is dark brown or black? I really like the grey that you used, and am seriously considering copying this. It just depends on what color that furniture is. :)

Dark brown and chocolate are the colors of the furniture

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back