My tranny story... Good news to many?

blackblackblack

forum member
Reaction score
So, after 14k miles i git myself the good ole mt82. Whine. Was hesitant about what would happen taking car to dealer with all my mods, but just said fuck amd took the plunge. Took it to a dealer in Albuquerque who took a week to decifer but finally got green light from Ford to make the repair... New tranny you ask, no, they tolde on back order until 2025. Yes, 2025. I asked multiple times but they werent going to tell me the real story... So they decided to replace every part, syncro, bearing, input shaft, etcc...

3 weeks later part arrive, at this point i had been calling daily Asking why the hell they still had my car. On top of it i hadade it clear two weeks prior i was moving. Still they drag their feet. Once car was ready to get parts installed it was four day until i had to move. Apparently after they install the parts they would need to special order shims which take a few dayz to deliver. So after a month and a fucking half ofy gargae queen baking in the sun and getting rained on almost daily i get it back the way i left it. Well not quite. While it was being loaded the car carrier guy showed me all the bolts that were missing connecting the bell house, what a fucking joke.

Sooo... Now in phoenix take my car to another dealer assuming i can have old dealer send info on fords tranny approval. Of course moone in NM answers phones so new dealer checks ot out anyways. A week and a half later they call me with ford approval for new tranny. Supposed to be in over two days but of course inhabe to make dhitty calls and speak to manager to get anything done. Two weeks later car is finally ready to go after almost three months of BS.

Long read i know, but before i took car in i did major research on warranty upon modding of this car. And to be cleared ny two different dealers will hopefully shed some light. Between them just wanting the warranty work and the "mustang" tech driving with me to hear the whine (which upon me mentioning the whine before driving he talked about what a POS tranny it is). We can maybe feel confident about gettong warranty without having to take car to stock. Hope this helped someone out there.

Typed this on my phone so probably many spelling and grammer errors. And noticed in sig, i also have short shifter and bracket

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
That was fun to read. And oh noes! Your car got rained on!!!

So did they say what the culprit was?

blackblackblack

forum member
Reaction score
That was fun to read. And oh noes! Your car got rained on!!!

So did they say what the culprit was?

Hey hey hey, 3 weeks in this Phoenix sun was my main concern, plus I did a custom interior that I really dont want premature wear on. Going to pick car up in 20 minutes, Ill ask then. Too bad garage will no longer have space to walk in, Phoenix two car garages are truly meant for two cars.... with the ability to open the door

BAKnBLK2010

Harley Davidson FLHTCI
Reaction score
Your transmission got repaired under warranty because there was no need for the dealer to read the computer to diagnose the problem. If you ever have a motor problem and they have to diagnose through the computer odds are they will reject the repair due to the car having an aftermarket tune.

blackblackblack

forum member
Reaction score
Don Chalmers, where i bought it. my original service advisor i believe got demoted. Glad ford called me for a questionare, pretty sure Service manager loved reading to the team what I had to say about the situation

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Shit you just got lucky. It's really a crapshoot when you have mods. I definitely wouldn't tell people it's ok to mod shit because Ford will warranty it...lol.

blackblackblack

forum member
Reaction score
Shit you just got lucky. It's really a crapshoot when you have mods. I definitely wouldn't tell people it's ok to mod shit because Ford will warranty it...lol.
true, Im just assuming all techs or what not at Ford know the Tranny is a POS. Oh, this is what ford told me, maybe you guru's will know.... the old tranny was a CR3Z-7003-A... dont make it any more or something... So I Got the same this ending with a C. I guess the old case fit different blah blah blah...hopefully im not back at the shop getting a new tranny like a couple of guys i know

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
We just had a guy get denied today on his trans getting fixed. Ford rep and all was there looking at it. Said it was abuse. So it's all about how they want to deal with it.

Reaction score
We just had a guy get denied today on his trans getting fixed. Ford rep and all was there looking at it. Said it was abuse. So it's all about how they want to deal with it.

Define abuse? Doing anything else than driving the car to work and getting groceries?

tagle281

forum member
Reaction score
Some people show up with drag radials or some other indicator of abuse. Not to mention I believe our cars have the black box that they can dl info from.

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
So, after 14k miles i git myself the good ole mt82. Whine. Was hesitant about what would happen taking car to dealer with all my mods, but just said fuck amd took the plunge. Took it to a dealer in Albuquerque who took a week to decifer but finally got green light from Ford to make the repair... New tranny you ask, no, they tolde on back order until 2025. Yes, 2025. I asked multiple times but they werent going to tell me the real story... So they decided to replace every part, syncro, bearing, input shaft, etcc...

3 weeks later part arrive, at this point i had been calling daily Asking why the hell they still had my car. On top of it i hadade it clear two weeks prior i was moving. Still they drag their feet. Once car was ready to get parts installed it was four day until i had to move. Apparently after they install the parts they would need to special order shims which take a few dayz to deliver. So after a month and a fucking half ofy gargae queen baking in the sun and getting rained on almost daily i get it back the way i left it. Well not quite. While it was being loaded the car carrier guy showed me all the bolts that were missing connecting the bell house, what a fucking joke.

Sooo... Now in phoenix take my car to another dealer assuming i can have old dealer send info on fords tranny approval. Of course moone in NM answers phones so new dealer checks ot out anyways. A week and a half later they call me with ford approval for new tranny. Supposed to be in over two days but of course inhabe to make dhitty calls and speak to manager to get anything done. Two weeks later car is finally ready to go after almost three months of BS.

Long read i know, but before i took car in i did major research on warranty upon modding of this car. And to be cleared ny two different dealers will hopefully shed some light. Between them just wanting the warranty work and the "mustang" tech driving with me to hear the whine (which upon me mentioning the whine before driving he talked about what a POS tranny it is). We can maybe feel confident about gettong warranty without having to take car to stock. Hope this helped someone out there.

Typed this on my phone so probably many spelling and grammer errors. And noticed in sig, i also have short shifter and bracket

Did you graduate high school? WTF is up with your grammer?

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score

Although not a tranny issue, my stock car was denied warranty service at the same dealer for a bent axle.

Kalatrax

forum member
Reaction score
Did you graduate high school? WTF is up with your grammer?

Lol, did you?

For the OP, try Power Ford next time, have never had issues and the service manager is a, "if the mods didn't cause it directly, we'll fix it" kind of guy. That is if you ever leave that firey hell of a city and come back here lol.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Are you the dude in Albuquerque last week who floored it in a school zone and then revved at me in the left turn lane for some reason?

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
What were your symptoms? They probably look at that s you hit a curb or something.

It had no vibrations or any other obvious signs really, it was noticed while at a dyno day event I went to. After it was brought to my attention, the only obvious symptom was a squeaking sound coming from the drivers side rear but you had to have the radio off and windows down to hear it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back