My tranny story... Good news to many?

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Yes garages in Phoenix suck. I couldn't believe how small they were. What part of town are you in? I just moved to Gilbert from Utah.

blackblackblack

forum member
Reaction score
Some people show up with drag radials or some other indicator of abuse. Not to mention I believe our cars have the black box that they can dl info from.
I had radials on also. I didnt feel like taking all parts off and flashing back to stock, read alot about how Ford can always see that it was flashed at some point anyways
Did you graduate high school? WTF is up with your grammer?
I graduated from the school that when you have terrible grammer from trying to type a long as thread on a cell phone, you end the thread with that exact explanation. Thanks
Uh grammar.

haha

Are you the dude in Albuquerque last week who floored it in a school zone and then revved at me in the left turn lane for some reason?
Naw, havent been there for maybe a month? you live there? you dont by chance drive down Unser on a daily basis?
Yes garages in Phoenix suck. I couldn't believe how small they were. What part of town are you in? I just moved to Gilbert from Utah.
In laveen, heard it wasnt the best part of town, but havent gotten my stuff stolen yet (know on wood)Gilbert seems nice, but didnt have the house we wanted to fit our budget

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
Define abuse? Doing anything else than driving the car to work and getting groceries?

They said because it had a exhaust and wheels it was abused. I called bs but I have not dog in the fight. Just saying that don't expect all dealerships to be the same as the OP dealt with. JLear is one of my good friends and they denied him to. Therefore I won't be sending anymore friends that way.

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
If you show up with rear tires worn way more than the fronts, they call that abuse.

You can have all the mods in the world, show up with brand new front tires and threads showing on the back with wire hanging out and it's all about the service manager.

I make damned sure I stay in touch with the dealer I bought my car from. Go hang out every now and again, kiss a little booty, give 'em some pizza, you know the deal. I've never had an item NOT get fixed under warranty as long as I followed those rules. *Knocks on wood*

Having said that, my rear end is whining like a mofo and my trans is making noises sitting at idle with the clutch out. I push the clutch in, the noises go away. Most likely the throw-out bearing going bad. I have an MGW SS, but this was starting to happen before then. Also, the shifter is not a direct drive shifter like many of Ford's previous cars. So it would be very hard for them to claim the SS as the problem. I may play around in my car, but I take extremely good care of it maintenance wise. And I'm one of those guys who would rather pay $10k to a lawyer to get it fixed than pay anyone $5k to fix it based upon principle alone. Sometimes, your principles are expensive. But you have zero integrity if you don't stand by what you say.

I've got 32k miles on her now. A 2011 GT. So I'm gonna have to go in here soon. The engine runs like a raped ape. So there is that.

JLear

2014 GT
Reaction score
If you show up with rear tires worn way more than the fronts, they call that abuse.

You can have all the mods in the world, show up with brand new front tires and threads showing on the back with wire hanging out and it's all about the service manager.

I make damned sure I stay in touch with the dealer I bought my car from. Go hang out every now and again, kiss a little booty, give 'em some pizza, you know the deal. I've never had an item NOT get fixed under warranty as long as I followed those rules. *Knocks on wood*

Having said that, my rear end is whining like a mofo and my trans is making noises sitting at idle with the clutch out. I push the clutch in, the noises go away. Most likely the throw-out bearing going bad. I have an MGW SS, but this was starting to happen before then. Also, the shifter is not a direct drive shifter like many of Ford's previous cars. So it would be very hard for them to claim the SS as the problem. I may play around in my car, but I take extremely good care of it maintenance wise. And I'm one of those guys who would rather pay $10k to a lawyer to get it fixed than pay anyone $5k to fix it based upon principle alone. Sometimes, your principles are expensive. But you have zero integrity if you don't stand by what you say.

I've got 32k miles on her now. A 2011 GT. So I'm gonna have to go in here soon. The engine runs like a raped ape. So there is that.

I took mine in with 4900 miles and all stock except for a resonator delete, had stock wheels and tires on it and all 4 look like brand new, they told me they was not fixing mine. I guess a warranty really doesn't mean much anymore.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back