My TT build...

charba951

forum member
Reaction score
As some of you know usmcsvtwannabe and I have a colorful friendship and are always trying to one up the other when it comes to who is faster.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?1045024-5-0-vs-the-world!!!&highlight=

Well this time I think I upped the ante fairly well. After getting harassed about having a shop do the install, put in for some leave and tackled the project myself with the help of some buddies. Lots of beer, bruised knuckles, a flayed finger, cursing, and redoing shit, but it finally go done. This was by far the most frustrating project I have tackled, but the sense of accomplishment is beyond words. Took the car to Revolution Automotive for tuning, and couldn't be happier with the end result. Enough rambling from me, here are some pics...

Tear down

Pass and Driver headers

Such cooling

Test fitting the snails

Oilless turbos are cool

More fuel!

On the way to Revolution Automotive!

Finished product

Makes me happy...

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
Id be shopping for some turbo blankets and some heat wrap there if I were you.

charba951

forum member
Reaction score
Id be shopping for some turbo blankets and some heat wrap there if I were you.

Pipes are ceramic coated. I have blankets, just a pain to put on...I should have done it before putting the turbos on lol.

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
I just blanketed my single monday night. I used safety wire to wire the two halves together. The DP side was easy, but the compressor side was harder to work with because the oil return was in the way.

UltraKla$$ic

PERENNIAL WAXXER
Reaction score
Is that an ON3 TT kit? So it was difficult? ill fitting or what? Talk to me Goose...

charba951

forum member
Reaction score
Is that an ON3 TT kit? So it was difficult? ill fitting or what? Talk to me Goose...

Yes it's the ON3 kit. Everything is just really damn tight, not a lot of room for these turbos lol. Fitment wasn't too bad, but the previous owner did all the hard work getting it to fit lol. I wouldn't say the install was difficult, everything literally bolts into place. Just a really involved project that required more patience than I had for a few moments...and beer lots of beer.

So when are your friend and you going to the track to duke it out?

We will be installing his upgrades in a few weeks. I want to build the trans before I take it back to the track. Hopefully I can get that done in a few months.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back