Sean is chopping that ET down!

BMR Suspension
Viking Double Adjustables
CJ Springs (the lowwww ones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRb0O5IqDX0&feature=youtu.be

1b3e22ba2bebf0c7a301bd9bfb6dd45e_zpsea9b42b9.jpg

4b73d527ea31e3bbba0ce80fc9a8119f_zps30150171.jpg

9f2527140e024a99185dc2923b25ae3a_zpsde0a79c1.jpg

Anyone know of any S197 N/A Stick Coyote/Roadrunner stick car, quicker to the sixty? Other than JPC/Marini CS car? (which is also a mostly BMR car)

Last edited:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this is without the new front K/Arms.

Unreal

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, that is moving. Has me tempted to do springs if I can't do a good 60 with the Vikings now.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
It moves out but this is a Roadrunner car, not a Coyote. ;)

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
It moves out but this is a Roadrunner car, not a Coyote. ;)

On that note, are you aware of any other Stick Shift N/A Coyote or Roadrunner cars getting to the sixty foot quicker than 1.42?

It's going to be hard to compete with JPC/Marini's Coyote, at 1.33...but that car is on another level.

2015 is going to be a great year of Drag Racing. Mat and Sylvain at BPS are going to attempt to put their stick shift GT500 into the 8's/1.2X sixty range with their TVS combo.

wbt

forum member
Reaction score
On that note, are you aware of any other Stick Shift N/A Coyote or Roadrunner cars getting to the sixty foot quicker than 1.42?

It's going to be hard to compete with JPC/Marini's Coyote, at 1.33...but that car is on another level.

2015 is going to be a great year of Drag Racing. Mat and Sylvain at BPS are going to attempt to put their stick shift GT500 into the 8's/1.2X sixty range with their TVS combo.

Not other than the Coyote Stock cars.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I slowed down the launch...

It's hitting the tire, that is for sure.

I laughed when you posted this, because we have been doing this for months, fine tuning it.

I had yet to do it to this vid, so I thank you.

Time to make a phone call. I see something to adjust....that wasn't happening on my previous study of his launch. :highfive:

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
lindertw, here is a slow mo of a nitrous stick shift car. He is a local customer and friend of mine. We got this thing working very well...I think it had more in it if he would have scrapped the polybushings....but he does not believe in bearings...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMH037YE3U

Not other than the Coyote Stock cars.

Yeah, I don't see a whole lot of stick-shift S197 cars getting close to the 1.3's, especially N/A. Then again, a lot of guys with a manual trans and N/A car...don't focus on that combo for very long, before going a different path.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
lindertw, here is a slow mo of a nitrous stick shift car. He is a local customer and friend of mine. We got this thing working very well...I think it had more in it if he would have scrapped the polybushings....but he does not believe in bearings...lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyMH037YE3U

Yeah, I don't see a whole lot of stick-shift S197 cars getting close to the 1.3's, especially N/A. Then again, a lot of guys with a manual trans and N/A car...don't focus on that combo for very long, before going a different path.

thanks for the vid - there's lots to be learned by watching them!

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
thanks for the vid - there's lots to be learned by watching them!

Ironically, just about every car/customer I support ends up running the same stuff...

Same drops/stance...same UCA and LCA Brackets...in the same holes.

I have a winning formula....and it sure does work. A lot of it has to do with the geometry.....but of course, the other variables are extremely important. Shock settings are something that I end up really taking a lot of time to get right. You've probably seen me recommend the Strange Front / Viking Rear combo a lot...and it is because I know those things like the back of my hand.

I have had an excellent opportunity to learn what these cars want, and have taken full advantage of it. Suspension geometry and settings sure are fun.

That said, if a company engineers the products in accordance with a purpose...you will get good results by simply plugging and playing....with only shock/strut adjustment needed (the majority of the time)

CPRsm

forum member
Reaction score
Guess there are some things you can't knock off.

He's into the fine tune adjusting, thinks he wants to try a set of teeth?

REDS197

Reaction score
I have sent Kelly a couple videos and he is a HUGE help! He knows his recipe very well.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Guess there are some things you can't knock off.

He's into the fine tune adjusting, thinks he wants to try a set of teeth?

lol......

And, he IS in your area... Well, he is in California.

That may something you can test out with him, if you are interested? Could be some good data for you.

Just make sure those things fit. I mean, the ones he has on the car went in perfectly...but the ones you have, may not, "just because"...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back