N2O in the GT500

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Hi there, question.

Can the GT500 use a n2o kit and gain power from it? I ask because I am in the works of doing a motor swap from my 4.6 and going to the 5.4 with the blower. Well, I have a zex wet kit for my 4.6 with 75 shot and 125 shot that I can put in. Well, would I be able to put this right in on my 5.4 upgrade? Also, would the power gains be worth it?

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Hi there, question.

Can the GT500 use a n2o kit and gain power from it? I ask because I am in the works of doing a motor swap from my 4.6 and going to the 5.4 with the blower. Well, I have a zex wet kit for my 4.6 with 75 shot and 125 shot that I can put in. Well, would I be able to put this right in on my 5.4 upgrade? Also, would the power gains be worth it?

Is Barack Obama black? And is the White House white? On blower cars, a small shot adds power, it adds torque and also lowers IAT's so you typically pick up more than the shot is rated at.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
The reason I ask is because I'm told I won't see anything with a "small" 75 shot on the motor. I'm not expierenced with 5.4's at all. I have to learn all over again. haha.

Will this kit bolt right in? I got the one that NickD was selling....

This is everything....

Zex nitrous system for 05-09 mustang gt.

Zex nitrous 20lb bottle with brackets and bottle pressure gauge (bottle currently filled with n20)
2a957d6e.jpg

Zex nitrous management unit
6b497e89.jpg

Zex hoses, connectors, jets, etc..
19645201.jpg

Zex RPM window switch
29bf1110.jpg

Zex safety blow down tube
e9bb1ba4.jpg

Zex remote bottle opener
cebe5d2c.jpg

Zex bottle heater
35db7a4a.jpg

Zex purge
a6fb9c78.jpg

Arm rest switch panel (awesome piece looks stock)
71d0ac08.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
The reason I ask is because I'm told I won't see anything with a "small" 75 shot on the motor. I'm not expierenced with 5.4's at all. I have to learn all over again. haha.

Will this kit bolt right in? I got the one that NickD was selling....

Do me a favor the person that told you that, backhand them the next time they say that. A 75 shot will usually net you between 80-100 rwhp depending on the kit because it also makes the intake charge cooler which aids in producing power outside of the N20 itself. But also what it will do is introduce even more torque right at the nitrous activation point. If it were me I would back it down to a 50 shot, and enjoy the noticeable torque difference and the hp difference.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Ok, thank you.

Do you know if that kit that I posted will bolt on to the 5.4? I would guess it would, but again, I'm a 5.4 newbie...

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Ok, thank you.

Do you know if that kit that I posted will bolt on to the 5.4? I would guess it would, but again, I'm a 5.4 newbie...

Absolutely, as long as you plumb it pre supercharger you should be good.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Thank you! perfect answer! now I'm really excited. Can't wait to see the face of a GT500 owner the first time I walk them! lmao.

You will need a nitrous specific tune as well ,the larger shots will also require colder plugs. What safety switches do you have?

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
it has an RPM window switch that can be programmed to only engage in 2nd gear on and at certain RPMs. Also the zex management unit is set to only engage on full throttle

router

Pro Dyno Racing
Reaction score
Just a question, if you plumb it pre supercharger which is how you would have to I guess. Is that not hard on the supercharger itself?

Absolutely, as long as you plumb it pre supercharger you should be good.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
just be careful which GT500 you go up against........... :evil:

and listen to Germeezy - he's dead on with his comments to the shot and power delivery.

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I've decided not to put in the n20 right away. Hell, right now, I'm only at 300rwhp. So with the 500rwhp from the motor swap, I'll have more than enough to get me by. lmao.

Germeezy3

forum member
Reaction score
Just a question, if you plumb it pre supercharger which is how you would have to I guess. Is that not hard on the supercharger itself?

No it is not hard on the supercharger, its been done so many times on so many cars and I have never seen or heard of a blower failure attributed to it.

just be careful which GT500 you go up against........... :evil:

and listen to Germeezy - he's dead on with his comments to the shot and power delivery.

Thank you, its a fairly common Terminator modification.....but it seems the GT500 owners do not share the same sentiments as far as the spray!

it has an RPM window switch that can be programmed to only engage in 2nd gear on and at certain RPMs. Also the zex management unit is set to only engage on full throttle

You have the Zex ....doh..that includes the important switches like the lean safety switch in the control unit.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigpappy33

11.17@126
Reaction score
If u already have that complete kit throw it on! Especially with the window switch, so u don't spin as bad through first and 2nd haha

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
If u already have that complete kit throw it on! Especially with the window switch, so u don't spin as bad through first and 2nd haha
He'll still spin without that bottle lol. Bruce(Boozshey) let me drive his stang last weekend and i didn't bother flooring it in first.. I peddled it in throughout the gears and were lighting them up w/o a trouble. Nitrous will blow your tires off at that level lol..

iRoush

Roush God
Reaction score
He'll still spin without that bottle lol. Bruce(Boozshey) let me drive his stang last weekend and i didn't bother flooring it in first.. I peddled it in throughout the gears and were lighting them up w/o a trouble. Nitrous will blow your tires off at that level lol..

Time for some DR's bro! That's what I need with this build.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back