Nawz install by motorz

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Love that kit, if I was going nitrous that would be it.

DAV.TUK

forum member
Reaction score
Id that a complete kit. I harness seems to connect to everything installed. I bet that sucker is pricey...But I would love to have that in my 08.

5.0lightning

I'm in the process of switching from the Zex kit to this one. The kit goes for $800-$880 depending on where you get it. Very clean install.

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of switching from the Zex kit to this one. The kit goes for $800-$880 depending on where you get it. Very clean install.

Anything you didn't like about the Zex kit? I'm in the process of installing mine and continue to come across bad news about this kit.

5.0lightning

Anything you didn't like about the Zex kit? I'm in the process of installing mine and continue to come across bad news about this kit.

The only reason I am changing to the NX kit is the clean install and the spray bar. I like the Zex kit, for a street car it is by far the best kit out there. I gained 154rwtq from the 125 shot which is great power for such a safe kit. You don't have to worry about fuel issues with the Zex kit. If there is anything wrong with the flow the NMU will not activate. The only complaints I have heard is that it makes less power than the NX kit but that's all in the jets which makes it a moot point. The other thing is the solenoids getting stuck but their rated at 950 psi, most people have this theory that they should spray at 1100 psi or more which is absolutely not the way to run this kit.The higher the pressure the quicker it drops off. Unless you are running the NANO system your bottle pressure will fall off and that big number they made on the dyno by having a higher bottle pressure won't translate to jack on the street or track. You just can't maintain the pressure. If something is rated at 950 psi and they run it higher then they deserve a failure. I've sprayed at least 100 times with no issues. I don't spray out the hole (yet) in a full weight daily driven street car with very mild mods and run mid 7's in the 1/8 running out of gear and have had zero problems.

Last edited by a moderator:

zxmarekxz

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that NX rates their numbers at the wheels as opposed to other companies. I personally prefer the spray placement of the NX, but I probably wont be getting either, not planning to for now at least.

5.0lightning

I'm actually hoping to drop to a 100 shot with the NX kit and make close to the same numbers. I'm not sure how they rate their jetting but NX does not offer up jets for a 125 shot and they won't give it up over the phone unless your a vendor for some reason.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back