Need a block

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to ask this. But I melted piston #3 and need to buy a new block. Shop here in town is quoting me way over what I should be paying for just the block itself. Does anyone know of a good site/company I can order one from? All I need is the block, and all the crap I am coming across comes with the rotating assembly. Any info would be great. thanks.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
4.6 3v blocks are scarce and pricey for new. Good luck

Mike at Powerhouse in PA had 2 a few months back. He was asking a decent number for them. 700 maybe?

That's a iron 2v block

I would pay that in a heartbeat for new.

Where are you located OP?

Oklahoma, I'll pay shipping if you have a deal. Jeremy has my address. I think he has shipped me half my car so far.

i have a set of dimond stroker pistons if you are interested

Bobby, I already had forged internals. I am just replacing the block and that one piston. I had an injector fail or some shit because that piston melted and screwed the cylinder wall up pretty good.

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have the same thing 555 has, I have a tekskid block; I sold my 3V block about a month ago for right around $633 shipped from VA to IL...it was 99 lbs and went to a commercial address.

Bobby

turbo gt about to go fast
Reaction score
just out side of charlotte north carolina
gotcha i got them from fuel planning on building a spare motor but no w that i am selling my house and building a new house i need to start clearing out the garage. i agree with fuel they should be able to sleeve it

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I priced having a sleeve installed at my shop in southern nebraska and it was a little over $100 IIRC

Fantas

forum member
Reaction score
I am just irritated because I pulled the motor in November and dropped it off with them and they still have it. They did all my machine work the first time around when I build the bottom end and everything went well. I don't know what the deal is now. They want to either sleeve all eight instead of that one cylinder or have me come out of pocket 2500 on just the block. I have found new aluminators for cheaper than that.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Ford MSRP on a block is less than 2k! Wtf

Greg Hazlett

Stepping on the Pink Bus
Official Vendor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not to step on 555's toes but see if he is closer to you to reduce shipping costs as he has a Teskid block...if he is too far away or you can't agree on a price let me know.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back