Need a gift idea

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
Need some help on a gift. My buddy just bought a new GT500 and I would like to buy him a aftermarker part. I am looking at spending about $250 or so. I did not look under the rear, so I was thinking a suspension part but don't know if the GT500 is the same as my Mustang? Any recommendations? Thanks

mofugr

Big Daddy
Reaction score
How about a gift certificate to his favorite parts supplier? It may sound impersonal but it guarantees that he gets what he wants.

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
good idea

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't think of that? My concern is that he has 2 Cobra's, a fox body drag car and the 500, and if I know him, he would spend it on something else. So, how about a panhard bar? Is that a good upgrade on a GT500, or not needed? Thanks

Last edited:

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I believe in having close friends and all... but buying someone a $250 congrats on your new car gift is almost just a little too "bromantic" if you ask me.

akula52

forum member
Reaction score
Bromantic

Well, I didn't think the panhards were that high and it's has been a while since I bought one. The car is technically his wife's, which he bought for her as a birthday gift, and she is my wife best freind, so it is a dual gift. Thanks

cheftjpeck

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
some nice ideas have been mentioned....but to echo

New LCA are a good upgrade, new Double adjustable UCA....a set of FRPP Lowering springs ($189) and they lower the car nicely...buy a 2.65 pulley and 90mm idler arm... any of these are definitely nice gifts that any gt500 owner would appreciate...

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how about a gift cert or just pay for a complete detail/wax for him to use in 3 months or so after he dirties the thing up!

C-Liz-Go

Resident Realtor
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How about some interior dressups instead, so he can see daily what a nice friend he has? Shop www.MGWltd.com for the good stuff....

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back