need an inspection in Texas

luckyone

Reaction score
I have done a search and found a couple of threads but no results. I am showing rear 2 o2 sensors not ready. I have a diablo steeda race tune. I have to keep some sort of tune on the car because the steeda CAI. I do have high flow cats but no way to turn the rear o2 sensors back on. I went through the handheld and didnt find any way to turn them on.

Is there a custom tune out there that will allow me to pass?
Is there an o2 simulator or mil eliminator that works?
Or does lifting the o2 sensor work?

This is driving me crazy. Any real help will be greatly appreciated.

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
Did you call Steeda and ask if they turned them off in the tune? Brenspeed turned mine off and I had to request an "emissions tune" from them, which they quickly provided for free. If Steeda did not turn them off then you need to run the car through its required "drive cycle" to pass the OBDII readiness test.

luckyone

Reaction score
I have had the tune on the car for over a year, so I have driven the cycle and then some.. Yes the o2 sensors are turned off. I tried to call steeda but they were already closed. Diablo said there is nothing they can do, they have already been in trouble for disabling o2 sensors.

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
Also , if you didn't shit can the stock intake you could put it back on and go with the stock tune to pass.

luckyone

Reaction score
Also , if you didn't shit can the stock intake you could put it back on and go with the stock tune to pass.
Yeah Im a dumbass....It went into the trash.

Dont mean to be an ass...but Im relatively smart, and have done some research. All the easy fixes I have thought of and are not an option. I need to find the "fix" if you know what I mean.

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
I "get it", but the states OBDII tester reads the VIN of your car through your computer if I recall, and you can"t get past that. With the big MAF tube and the stock tune I think your car would run a little rich for the inspection but it might pass. Just a thought...

luckyone

Reaction score
no. I tried that. As soon as I completed the drive cycle it went into safe mode, or limp mode.

Are there any tuners left that can fix this? If so Anyone can PM me to keep it off the interwebz.

I need this resolved quick, my inspection went out in JUne and I have been stuck driving the company truck and I am really missing the car.

luckyone

Reaction score
I have one you can borrow, if you're willing to drive to League City and leave me your sister as collateral.
man I will do one better...I will leave you the wife for a few days.

And if you could pm me some directions and a number that would be awsome. I could get it back to you early next week.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
luckyone, you're being fed a bunch of BS!!!
The rear sensors ARE OFF in your tune, and the tuner CAN turn them on.
Many people have had this issue with canned tunes.
My first custom tune had them off, as I found out during inspection as well (having 3 'not readys' related to the rear sensors being off). Once the tune was altered to turn those rear sensors back on, no problems.
And I have to go through the same BS emissions testing here in central Texas.

The fix is in the tune. Period.

US-1

Banned
Reaction score
Mine are turned off as well and my car passed in Harris County. As long as you don't show anymore than 2 things wrong you'll pass.

Bestangyet 07

forum member
Reaction score
Mine failed on the rear O2 sensors alone. But that was causing something else to not be ready. But,like I said originally, STEEDA can turn them back on. Brenspeed did that for me.

Last edited:

Agent Jones

forum member
Reaction score
y not just go to a more mustang friendly inspection place? i dont know where in texas you are but i have a place here in san antonio i can get you to and they dont even check the car if your cool with them

jre8806

S197 Member
Reaction score
Hey man, I'm from the tomball area close to you. I had the same issue and called my tuner and he emailed me an "inspection" tune, basically it shows the o2 sensors as "N/A" instead of off so they got to pass you on it. I put the baby on when i got in the parking lot and took it out the second it came out of the shop. Hope this helps.

SP_51-F1

Reaction score
A new tune is your fix. I have an "emissions" tune from VMP that I have used 2 years now, on the day I go for inspection, and have not had a single problem passing inspections.

06iornhorse

forum member
Reaction score
Hey sd as of like June or July you r only allowed one not ready to pass the state inspection where as before it was two not readys

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back