Last edited:

Reno Stack

Reaction score
344.jpg

368.jpg

o2sys

forum member
Reaction score
Loving the orange accents to your car, want to do the same to mine but its Alloy so not sure how it would look.

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Usually, when I see those on track, all I can think of is "Mmmmm, German food!"

There are two kinds of Porsche drivers wandering the paddock... The first has the factory sunglasses, driving suit, shoes, wallet, keychain, and gloves that they bought, and usually can't drive out of a parking space. The second kind has exactly the same kit, which was given to them when they became factory test drivers, and are ever-so-slightly slower than God...

(Citation unknown, but oh, so true...)

Those GT3 cars are wicked fast in capable hands. AND they look pretty good, too!

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
Theirs a green GT3RS the next block over. It's BAD ASS!! It sounds FREEKN cool at full chat! Theirs also a viper GTS coup a couple blocks from here.

2008 V6

forum member
Reaction score
Usually, when I see those on track, all I can think of is "Mmmmm, German food!"

There are two kinds of Porsche drivers wandering the paddock... The first has the factory sunglasses, driving suit, shoes, wallet, keychain, and gloves that they bought, and usually can't drive out of a parking space. The second kind has exactly the same kit, which was given to them when they became factory test drivers, and are ever-so-slightly slower than God...

(Citation unknown, but oh, so true...)

Those GT3 cars are wicked fast in capable hands. AND they look pretty good, too!

Very true - Unfortunately 80%+ are comprised from the first group

Roadracer350

forum member
Reaction score
What's the diffrence between a Porsche and a porcupine? The porcupine has all its pricks on the outside! Bada ching!:clap:

claudermilk

Reaction score
I usually hear that one in reference to Corvettes... Applicable to all of the above, though I'd take that RS in a heartbeat.

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

_DSC3405-M.jpg

Its hard to make red wheels look bad, if the car has a body color that compliments the red wheel (like black, silver, red, white, etc - but no blue, yellow or green hues). Just know this - real track use with glossy and colorful wheels often ends up making for a dirty mess (this is a track picture thread after all).

_DSF1357%20copy-X2.jpg

The gloss white wheels (above) we have been using for a few months now have front wheels that are grey, and it only took one track event. No matter what we use to clean them, they are just stained. I'm having these wheels blasted and re-coated in the anthracite grey powder coat with a satin clear, this week, just like our other set of 18x12s below.

JPG_DSF1235%20copy-X2.jpg

The grey set just does not show brake dust. AT ALL. Not as flashy looking but they always look the same, and always look clean. On a track car, you tend to use some NASTY pad compounds that have a lot of metal and other junk that gets VERY hot, and wants to stick to your wheels...

Anyway, just my 2 cents. :)

ExSRT8Guy

Been There, Done That
Reaction score
Was loving all of the killer photos in this thread, 'til someone gunked it up with Porsche pics.

I kid. Been down the German car road. Two issues - you get the feeling everyone's looking at you, and not in a good way. And, maintaining one is like having a second mortgage. Mustang costs are pretty much free in comparison.

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I don't chime in here but I do a lot lurking in this section but Vorshlag what are you using to try and clean the wheels? Have your tried Sonax Full Effect or 1Z Colortec

Vorshlag-Fair

Official Site Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I don't chime in here but I do a lot lurking in this section but Vorshlag what are you using to try and clean the wheels? Have your tried Sonax Full Effect or 1Z Colortec
Nope, never heard of either. We tried a variety of hydrocarbon based cleaners in increasing level of nasty (WD40, GooGone, Goof Off, Acetone) and then tried to polish the wheels with several grits of polish and wax and a Powerball. It had no effect. :(

_DSC1740-M.jpg

The rear wheels (above) always clean up very well. The fronts (below) always look like ass.

_DSC6872-M.jpg

Last edited:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
Yeah, with aggressive brake compounds, you're better off with a dark wheel. Flat black works well for me... After a loooonnnnggggg weekend (4.5 hr enduro, practice, qual and 5 races, 2 TT sessions in three days) with no cleaning, you can't even see the dust from further than 3'...

00blkvert

forum member
Reaction score
I know your brakes are probably more harsh then a regular car or even an off the lot sports car but Sonax is an iron removing wheel cleaner. Spray it on and let it dwell then wash it with your mitt or whatever you prefer. It sprays on yellow/greenish and it turns purple when it reacts to the iron and runs off. I would give it a try.

Here is a link for reference.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Sonax-Full-Effect-Wheel-Cleaner-500ml_p_324.html

claudermilk

Reaction score
I know your brakes are probably more harsh then a regular car or even an off the lot sports car but Sonax is an iron removing wheel cleaner. Spray it on and let it dwell then wash it with your mitt or whatever you prefer. It sprays on yellow/greenish and it turns purple when it reacts to the iron and runs off. I would give it a try.

Here is a link for reference.
http://www.detailersdomain.com/Sonax-Full-Effect-Wheel-Cleaner-500ml_p_324.html

I'll second that. A buddy pointed me to that exact place to get some. Love the stuff.

Back