Need Boost a Pump?

sfcadams

forum member
Reaction score
Got a quick question. My neighbor has a 2008 Mustang GT and is slowly but surely collecting all the parts to supercharge it. He just bought a KB Boost a Pump and asked me if I know if it's okay to install it on a non-supercharged engine? I have no idea so I thought I would ask on here to see if anyone could chime in on it? He is just wanting to get little bits and pieces installed (Boost a pump, a-pillar, boost gauge) before he gets the supercharger. Is is okay to install now?

Thanks

:beer:

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yeah he can go ahead and install it if he wants, just leave it adjusted to full lean (like 13vdc) until the supercharger goes on then turn it up to full rich and get it tuned.

sfcadams

forum member
Reaction score
I guess full lean would be setting the dial to zero then? Also, I have heard some people wire theirs to stay on all the time. Is there any disadvantage to this?

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I guess full lean would be setting the dial to zero then? Also, I have heard some people wire theirs to stay on all the time. Is there any disadvantage to this?

Yes full lean is zero. Yes you are going to want to leave it at full rich so its on all the time(17vdc) when the blower goes on. It gets wired in pre-fpdm so the fpdm will adjust the voltage to the pump based on the tune.
Also I would reccomend doing a wire/relay off the battery to power the bap to help drop pump duty cycle as well.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back