Need help choosing stall

ellerstang

sn95 3-valve swap
Reaction score
I have an 05 with a pa c4 behind it and 150 shot on top of it with the transbrake. Was on the road and the stall i have is a 4500. Is that to big of a stall. Didn't last to long. What brand and size stall should I run.
Thanks in advance.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It depends on quite a few more variables than you listed. Vehicle weight, power production and where in the rpm range, gear ratio, and so on... I'd get with Circle-D Specialties in Houston. BTW, I'm not a fan of the C4.

ellerstang

sn95 3-valve swap
Reaction score
This swap is In a 95 mustang. Wieght is 2900 with me in it. And 3:55 in the back. Was going to take it to the dyno but it didn't make it to the dyno.

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, is it stock...? The engine's hp/tq and range, is highly important when selecting a stall speed. If you are say, 320+whp at 2900lbs, and have ratios of 2.46, 1.46 and 1.00 with a 3.55 gear, then taking some rpm (~1000) off of that stall may be just what the doctor ordered.

Last edited:

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Natural1 is on top of things.....we need to know more variables...

I say go with PTC......

Natural1

all around duguder
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Chris, I totally forgot PTC and I just ordered parts a few weeks ago! Yes, PTC has some very good offerings as well. Also, when I order parts, I have them within 2 days (not a guarantee just fast service). These guys can't guess what stall you need, if they did, you would be in the same spot again. They need to know what kind of power you are making and where you are making it at. If you look at your mods, compared to others, I'll bet you can come up with a good estimate, N/A but that won't help much since you are spraying You need some #s.

Last edited:

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
I've always subscribed to the following rule when choosing my converters: pick a flash speed that's just a few hundred rpm's below your car's peak torque rpm. For example, my '07 GT makes peak torque around 5100 rpm's and my converter flashes to 4800 rpm's, therefor, the converter puts me right in the sweet spot of the powerband at launch and subsequent upshifts at WOT.

ellerstang

sn95 3-valve swap
Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice. As for numbers I was planning on going tomorow to get it dyno but the stall crapper out on me today so. But the engine is all stock only thing on it is fore rails. Air aid and longtubes and xpipe. But. I might go with a smallerstall. I'm thinking around 36 to 42.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back