Need opinions about parting out car.

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Okay guys, so Im having excessive blowby with my new motor. Zero smoking out of the exhaust. Im doing a leak down test once I get the damn 16mm adapter in (FU Ford for that one). Im considering selling the car once I figure out what is wrong. I just bought a house and could use the cash more than I enjoy the car at this point. I wanted to see what everyones suggestions were about selling the car and what I could do to get the most out of it.

Option 1: Sell as is, letting the buyer know what I find out about the leak down test. Car is running fine now other than the oil situation.

Option 2: Pull the motor and put in a stock long block and part out the engine parts I have.

Option 3: Part out what I can on the car and sell the car as a roller to someone who would like a clean title car with excellent paint and interior.

BTW car has 112k miles on it, moderate amount of suspension, built bottom end engine with cams, long tubes, balancer, motor mounts, etc that could be parted out. Just wanted to see opinions and see what people have had luck with in the past. I would like to not have to sit on the car for a year either. I have lost interest in it and would like to have it all gone in the next 3 months or so.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
If you want the most out of it al together, best option is get it completely back to stock with a good stock engine. You're never get all your money back out of mods, but it's way worse when you leave them on the car. My 07 would have sold for maybe $1k more the way it sat, but I returned it to stock and got about $2500 back out of selling the mods

Btw I'd be interested in your wheels/tires lol

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
If you want the most out of it al together, best option is get it completely back to stock with a good stock engine. You're never get all your money back out of mods, but it's way worse when you leave them on the car. My 07 would have sold for maybe $1k more the way it sat, but I returned it to stock and got about $2500 back out of selling the mods

Btw I'd be interested in your wheels/tires lol

Thanks, I may end up going that route! Itll be a lot more work but Ill be able to get a lot more out of it for sure lol. Ill hit you up if I part out!

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
Blow-by on molys, now that's fucked up

That's my point! haha Im starting to wonder if its intake valve seals. The heads have Manley Stainless intake valves when I purchased, no smoking out of the exhaust, and oil on the plugs... Either way I don't feel like rebuilding again lol

jodadejss06gt

TEAM DELETE SHIT
Reaction score
RJ, man I really feel for you. You've had one hell of a hard time with it. I hope you get it sorted out!

BTW: if you part it out, i'd consider selling your wire tucked harness and trade for someone else's stock harness. Could net you a few pesos there.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
That's my point! haha Im starting to wonder if its intake valve seals. The heads have Manley Stainless intake valves when I purchased, no smoking out of the exhaust, and oil on the plugs... Either way I don't feel like rebuilding again lol

By any chance are these the older Livernois branded stage 3 heads that many have had issues with?

W3bb3r04

Slow 3v Member
Reaction score
RJ, man I really feel for you. You've had one hell of a hard time with it. I hope you get it sorted out!

BTW: if you part it out, i'd consider selling your wire tucked harness and trade for someone else's stock harness. Could net you a few pesos there.
I think removing the headlight harness and moving the fuse box and stuff back wouldn't be worth it lol
By any chance are these the older Livernois branded stage 3 heads that many have had issues with?
As far as I know they are unported stock heads with stainless intake valves and livernois springs.

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
I'd possibly be interested in the car in roller form.

Dude...I still have my stock motor, complete with heads still intact (no blower or manifold). If you can find me an untouched block and set of late model 3V heads, you're welcome to it. Shout at me if you wanna see what we can do.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You should try and find some dirty cheap stock heads to drop on it.

KatoS197

forum member
Reaction score
If you don't end up doing the "roller" deal, most DEFINITELY return the car back to stock form and sell the parts.

I've seen deal after deal where someone trades a modded car, and I have to break the news to them that the car isn't worth what they're thinking because they have an inflated value due to the parts (and time) invested in the car.

Kylar

forum member
Reaction score
Your best bet is option 2, especially if you are doing the work yourself. A running car will fetch way more then a roller. Plus the money from the aftermarket parts.

Shotokan1509

forum member
Reaction score
#2 will net you the most cash if you're willing to put in some time

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score
RJ, sounds like it has been an uphill battle with this car and I'm sorry to hear.

I'd put the time in to get the most return out of it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back