need quick opinions on paxton non ic supercharger kit

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
hey guy i have a chance to buy a brand new paxton non ic kit .
i am looking for some opinions on this setup .
what i am looking for is a little more power . i want to run possibly mid 11,s i plan to leave my cams in and most of my current mods. i cant run any faster than 11.5 at my current track or i need a cage . and i dont want to do that . the kit is upgradable if i want to inercool it and stuff like that .

looking for some quick thoughts paypal gonna get sent soon !!

Steedman07

Classified's Moderator:)
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, for starters, you are going to want either an after-cooler or meth injection. The IAT's will just get too high and it will really hurt power when it is warm out. You cant tune agressive at all when the IAT's are too high, and they will be with a non-cooled Paxton, Vortech, whipple, etc..

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
paxton

yes i am getting a great deal . could i fab up my own air to air intercooler?

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
paxton

i planned to intercool it down the road . would it be safe to install it and go from there? it should still make pretty good power for now . i do understand in the warmer weather it will suffer !

GrnBullitt08

Dale Jr
Reaction score
Yes, your safe to install the kit minus the intercooler and put one in later. Alot of guys are running the kit minus the IC, but like Steedman said you should invest in a cooling kit like meth injection is you plan on making some decent power with the car because of heat soak issues and just doing damaged to the motor.
Running the stock pulley and 8psi isnt gonna hurt ya, but once you up the boost fuel and some sort of cooling addivtive is a must!

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
paxton

how much power should i see with that setup with my current mods?

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
intercooler

could i buy a air to air intercooler and make my own piping ? would there be any issues doing that ?

kyle

nmb15831

forum member
Reaction score
how much power loss are we talking about here when it heats up. will the blower cause damage to the motor at that low of boost? I live in texas and i am also looking at buying a noncooled SC this summer and cooling it later down the road. Thanks for the info guys.

Hufen

forum member
Reaction score
how much power loss are we talking about here when it heats up. will the blower cause damage to the motor at that low of boost? I live in texas and i am also looking at buying a noncooled SC this summer and cooling it later down the road. Thanks for the info guys.

Non intercooled in texas summer is brutal. Hanging around the dyno in the summer, ive seen non intercooled kits lose around 60rwhp after a couple pulls while a same kit with an intercooler only lost about 10-15. I couldnt imagine the real world aspect though, in texas heat and humidity without an intercooler, i really feel you are asking for trouble honestly.

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Non intercooled in texas summer is brutal. Hanging around the dyno in the summer, ive seen non intercooled kits lose around 60rwhp after a couple pulls while a same kit with an intercooler only lost about 10-15. I couldnt imagine the real world aspect though, in texas heat and humidity without an intercooler, i really feel you are asking for trouble honestly.

Even worse when its humid. My car would sometimes feel N/A it would lose soo much power. it became NOT fun even driving in in 85 degreres plus weather..

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
ic

well i better find a meth kit or a ic sometime soon .

i decided to go with the kit . the car is not my daily driver only take it out on weekends and once in a while to the track. but i will see what i can find for intercooling . how much time could i expect this kit to drop in the 1/4 mile on a nice cooler day ? and how much better with say a meth inj setup ?

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
well i better find a meth kit or a ic sometime soon .

i decided to go with the kit . the car is not my daily driver only take it out on weekends and once in a while to the track. but i will see what i can find for intercooling . how much time could i expect this kit to drop in the 1/4 mile on a nice cooler day ? and how much better with say a meth inj setup ?

Cant comment on what track times you might get with it, but as far as tuning goes, the meth will allow the tuner to be more agressive with the tune becuase the meth will keep the IAT's down. I found 3-4 tenths at the track, and about 40 more whp after the meth, it helps to have a pro tuner who knows how to tune with meth..And if not anything else, its safer. I have not one hint of detonation or knock, so the meth tune is working..

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did you buy just t he blower or a full kit? Your going to need a MAFia too..

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
paxton

i bought a full kit . i will look into the tuner you went to, efi logics . seeing i live in ct as well. im new to the forced induction world . but sorry if im sounding like a dumbass what is a mafia?

Steedman07

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i bought a full kit . i will look into the tuner you went to, efi logics . seeing i live in ct as well. im new to the forced induction world . but sorry if im sounding like a dumbass what is a mafia?

Your stock mass air will max out usually after a blower is done and tuned for. A MAFia will meter more air, which you will need..My MAF maxed out around 6,000 rpm's when I was around 420 whp, through my stock automatic, on Chris Mustang Dyno. So we needed it when we ran meth and 450 whp..

fordracer666

forum member
Reaction score
ok

ok i will look into one of those, ive asked this like 4 times . would there be any problem with me making a custom air to air intercooler setup? it seems like it would be pretty simple to do ?

dmhines

KONA GT
Reaction score
Unless you are drag racing ... is an I/C really necessary?? I would think with just an occasional Stop Light race or on-ramp run a non-I/C setup should be fine. I'm considering Brenspeeds Paxton Throw-Back ... non-I/C and around 440 RWHP ...

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
ok i will look into one of those, ive asked this like 4 times . would there be any problem with me making a custom air to air intercooler setup? it seems like it would be pretty simple to do ?
You could build a IC setup yourself if you like . Just get a good intercooler and start measuring and laying it all out and then order your tubes and couplers .

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back