Need some help, shifter part

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
Does anyone have the arm that hooks to the bottom of the shifter? its black, about 8in long? Either parting a car out or something? I need it asap, mine broke. It goes into the hole circled...

Attachments

• MGW05MUSTANGSHIFTER1.jpg
    MGW05MUSTANGSHIFTER1.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 28

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
the piece you linked me to isnt what i need. i need the piece that goes thru the bushing directly under the shifter

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the piece you linked me to isnt what i need. i need the piece that goes thru the bushing directly under the shifter

You're looking for the tranny linkage arm and you can't buy it by itself, you have to buy the complete shifter. Unless as you are trying on your original post, someone has one laying around. At least it only cost $50 through newtakeoff vs $200+ through Ford.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you will not get the linkage arm from newtakeoff you will need to buy a new stock shifter. I will ask kevin what they did with mine as i changed to a TR6060

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
94tbird, brother i'd be SOOOOOO greatful if you could find that for me. Please let me know as soon as you find out. I need this car to get to work :(

THANK YOU

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you will not get the linkage arm from newtakeoff you will need to buy a new stock shifter. I will ask kevin what they did with mine as i changed to a TR6060

Unless they changed what they were doing yes you can....That's where I got mine and a few other people I know of as well.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
so you bought this part? that is what i need

Attachments

• mgwshifter014Medium.jpg
    mgwshifter014Medium.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 33

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I broke my shifter linkage when I put my MGW shifter in. The only way to get one in a timely manner is from that used parts web site. That's what I did. Their web site doesn't show the linkage in the picture, but it comes with it... be sure to ask them for that specifically.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
how much was it? what exactly do i ask for? thanks!

also, i need a temp fix until it comes in, any ideas? seems its in there tight

marcspaz

~Resigned~
Reaction score
What's Broken on it?

About a year ago I broke the stud off of mine during a power-shift. I didn't have it lined up right to go into 3rd gear and snapped the thing right off. Springfield Motor Sports tapped it and put a bigger, stonger stud in it for $100, same day turn-around. I missed gears with it 2 times since then with zero problems.

bigray327

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
how much was it? what exactly do i ask for? thanks!
It was $50 for the entire shifter assembly. I took the arm off and threw the rest of it in a box.

You want this: link. It doesn't show it in the picture, but it comes with the linkage arm you need. Be sure to call and make sure, though.

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
the tip of the stud broke off so there is nothing to screw the nut onto.

Thanks Bigray, i'm going to have to call them first thing in the morning. THink there is any use taking it to the dealership for a warranty repair?

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
Yah, i talked to the service manager on the phone and he said to bring it but didnt say whether it would be warrantied. i didnt tell him i broke i told him it just started rattling

5spd07gt

Captain Ninja
Reaction score
i just got off the phone with newparttakeoff and they said they dont have it in stock :(

n0nleft13

forum member
Reaction score
I forget where I saw it but when I had that problem I found a thread about how to drill it out and use a bolt to hold it to the linkage arm. I used that as a band aid until I could get a new arm from newtakeoff.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back