Need some new heavy cut buffing pads.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Ive seen a few threads on here about some different brands. I have always used meguiars. Anybody have any links to some good pads that will cut about 1500 grit out with some m105 on fresh paint

mpm_1

forum member
Reaction score
I have used a Lake County CCS Orange Light Cutting Foam Pad on a Porter Cable 7424 XP with M105 and have gotten great results. They make one step coarser (yellow pad in the CSS line) but not sure I'd use that on new paint. I can't recall all the differences between Lake's CCS and Hydrotech lines but have liked the CCS pads.You can find them here >>> www.autogeek.net

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
CCS are older/outdated foam tech. A lot of product gets stuck in the collapsed cells, hence why the hydrotechs were created.

The hydrotechs can trap heat inside the foam which results in faster and more precise cuts.

superslow86

forum member
Reaction score
Like Seer said, the hydro's are better then the CCS. I switched from the CCS to the hydros and never looked back. Less wasted product and more pad/paint contact and better cutting IMO.

Edit: I have never used the yellow but have heard nothing but bad things about it.

muztangman93

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I had actually ordered some before I had a response. I did see where a lot of people had issues with them coming apart rather quickly anyone experience that

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks I had actually ordered some before I had a response. I did see where a lot of people had issues with them coming apart rather quickly anyone experience that

I haven't seen that unless the pad was.not cleaned properly or it got snagged on something like an emblem

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back