Need some opinions

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Yes, it one of "those" threads, flame suit on lol.

With the Cyber Monday/Black Friday sales going on there is some great items on sale.

I am having a hard time deciding between the McLeod RXT Twin Disk Clutch on sale for $884.99 at AM, which can be had for $831.89 shipped after the S197 Discount is applied. I would also need the McLeod flywheel, another $400 or so.

The other choice is The Driveshaft Shop Aluminum one-piece d/s from Hypermotive, $650 shipped.

My current mod list(all parts awaiting installation):
- Paxton 2200 "Beefcake Special", Polished Kit with the following
- ID1000s fuel injectors
- MaxFlo Coyote Specific Programable BAP
- NGK Spark Plugs
- T Bolt clamps (sourced from JPC)
- 2013 GT500 6 piston Brembos (with rotors and hardware)
- SOS Tripple Pod A-Pillar w/ Raptor Claw for LED Raptor Shift Light
- Autometer C2 Wideband
- Autometer C2 Fuel Pressure gauge
- Autometer C2 Boost gauge
- Boss 302R/S Peterson Breather Can setup
- Whiteline MT-82 bushing
- JPC Reservoir (Polished by me, myself and I)
- Eibach Pro-Street (S-Kit) Coilovers

Which would provide the most benefit right now? I know I will probably toast the clutch even being easy on it. Also, I know replacing the D/S would provide better times at the strip, and less clucking around town, but I really don't get any clunking from my MT-82 or d/s at all.

What do you guys think I should get?

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
No opinion on the clutch.

Opinion on the DSS...I installed mine this Summer right before Mustang Week. I also did headers, Hot Rod cams, smaller blower pulley, CAI & tune. Of those mods, the one I noticed the most...the DSS. The SOB spins up so much faster because of the weight reduction.

I still say that is the single most noticeable mod I've done thus far.
And that $650 Shipped price is cheaper than I paid for mine last year during Black Friday.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I would take care of the clutch/flywheel first.

That's what I'm leaning towards.

No opinion on the clutch.

Opinion on the DSS...I installed mine this Summer right before Mustang Week. I also did headers, Hot Rod cams, smaller blower pulley, CAI & tune. Of those mods, the one I noticed the most...the DSS. The SOB spins up so much faster because of the weight reduction.

I still say that is the single most noticeable mod I've done thus far.
And that $650 Shipped price is cheaper than I paid for mine last year during Black Friday.

I hear ya on that. I sure noticed the difference when I put a Shaftmaster's D/S in my 06. The $650 price is pretty hard to pass up. I can always get a Clutch/Flywheel Package from our Vendors around $1,200.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Not sure your goals on the car but I DD mine wasn't looking for the 700+ hp club so stayed around 600. Ive been fine on stock clutch and drive shaft so far(knock on wood) If I were you I'd invest in a shit ton of BMR suspension stuff like lwr and upper control arms relo brackets ect ec. Your going to be pushing power that wont hook..Your gonna need the suspension mods to put that power down. 15% off on the BMR stuff is a great deal too

BadPiggy

Hooligan Asshole
Reaction score
That's what I'm leaning towards.

I hear ya on that. I sure noticed the difference when I put a Shaftmaster's D/S in my 06. The $650 price is pretty hard to pass up. I can always get a Clutch/Flywheel Package from our Vendors around $1,200.

I think you answered your question right there.

You can get that package anytime for pretty close to $1200...and that's about what you said it would cost right now through AM. I'm guessing that driveshaft, including shipping...is probably a $200 buck savings. Those clutches come up for sale through vendors regularly...the driveshafts do not.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
Not sure your goals on the car but I DD mine wasn't looking for the 700+ hp club so stayed around 600. Ive been fine on stock clutch and drive shaft so far(knock on wood) If I were you I'd invest in a shit ton of BMR suspension stuff like lwr and upper control arms relo brackets ect ec. Your going to be pushing power that wont hook..Your gonna need the suspension mods to put that power down. 15% off on the BMR stuff is a great deal too

Car will no longer be a DD once I am back in Texas in April and the Paxton is installed. I'm going to stay around 600-630RWHP.
I will be going to the strip, meets and cruises with it.

I'm not worried about suspension right now, and I already know it won't hook for shit on stock components, I got a plan for that already.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I think you answered your question right there.

You can get that package anytime for pretty close to $1200...and that's about what you said it would cost right now through AM. I'm guessing that driveshaft, including shipping...is probably a $200 buck savings. Those clutches come up for sale through vendors regularly...the driveshafts do not.

Good point.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I'd do the clutch. Check with JPC for a good price. I'd also do an RST for about $100 less.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
I'd do the clutch. Check with JPC for a good price. I'd also do an RST for about $100 less.

I would go with the RST if I knew that I wasn't going to push anymore than 600RWHP later down the road. JPC always has some good prices too.

D/S are rarely on sale, which was the deciding factor in my choice.

Too late, a DSS has been ordered!

^^^

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I would go with the RST if I knew that I wasn't going to push anymore than 600RWHP later down the road. JPC always has some good prices too.

D/S are rarely on sale, which was the deciding factor in my choice.

^^^

FYI the RST will hold more than that and the organic disks engage smoothly.

But I digress. Enjoy your driveshaft!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back