S197 Team Member
Reaction score
6.78 @ 101 - 1.43 60 ft.

This DD is coming along nicely....:rock:

Adam@ST

Official Vendor
Reaction score
sweet

Good job Mark.Like I said,the car will get faster with practice and learning the proper way to launch it. I know for a fact a 6.70 flat is in her before the next upgrade. I predict a 6.50 pass after the t-body and new inlet.I guess I might have to make it a 9sec dailey driver:shock::rock::victory:

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
6.78 @ 101 - 1.43 60 ft.

This DD is coming along nicely....:rock:

Damn, great 60' :rock:We need to pair up when I get my convertor back. Also your car isnt a DD now that you have a cage :fish:
I can fit 2 baby seats in the back still :poke:

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Also your car isnt a DD now that you have a cage
Not to start a flame war, but I disagree. Just putting a roll bar in doesn't eliminate it from being a DD. With the door bars out, you can't even tell it's in there when driving around all week.

Besides, some of us have no need for baby seats any more. And the backseat is pretty useless for adults anyway. So no big loss.

Enitalp

The lost guy.
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Not to start a flame war, but I disagree. Just putting a roll bar in doesn't eliminate it from being a DD. With the door bars out, you can't even tell it's in there when driving around all week.

Besides, some of us have no need for baby seats any more. And the backseat is pretty useless for adults anyway. So no big loss.

I use the back seat to put one of my slick, was thinking yesterday that this could be impossible with a cage. So if i need another car to go to the track did my car is still a DD .

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am putting a bar in soon, but I will consider mine still a daily driver. I run the same blower pulley, same wheels and tires. I drive to the track, change the tune, add some good gas and race.

don_w

Reaction score
I use the back seat to put one of my slick, was thinking yesterday that this could be impossible with a cage. So if i need another car to go to the track did my car is still a DD .
I have mine set up so the rear seats still fold down... maybe it could be slid in from the trunk.

Greg@RET

Mad Torque Inc.
Reaction score
I agree about the bars... everyone has always told me mine wasnt a street car because I would have bars in my car, or to lazy to change tires at the track :clap:

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I put one of my slicks in the trunk and the other in the front seat. I always drive to the track in my car and bring everything I need for the night in my mustang with me. The way I load is slick, jack, cage back & side bar, helmet, gear, & tools in the trunk. The other slick in the passenger seat, and my ice chest and gas can in the back seat.

I changed from front runners to sportsman so I could drive on my fronts to the track. I change the fronts at home on track day and drive them to the track. I drove them all the way to famoso and back with no problems.

I have full interior, a/c, shaker system, etc. and no weight shaving at all.

If that's not a DD, then I don't know what is....lol

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Holy crap! Congrats Mark! :bigbeer:

p.s. any vids this week?

I actually brought a camera but nobody else showed up. Adam didn't come and I didn't see Paul, Ken, or anyone of the usual suspects for that matter.

Too bad for them, this (last thursday) was the LEAST amount of people I have ever seen at Irwindale. At 8:00 pm, there was no more than 40-50 cars!! Started getting crowded at about 9'ish and there was a crash that shut it down for awhile but overall, hands down the least crowded night I have ever seen there.

I wanted to get vids but wasn't giving my camera to a complete stranger...lol

This was my last pass of the night at about 9:20 pm and the air was great and I left like a bat outta hell!

TB going on next week and it should run even better.

Have a new hood coming (ram air) in a week or so.

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice job Mark sorry I missed it was on vacation. I will be the3re this thursday just ask I will video it for ya.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I was going to go but couldn't get off work early enough. I was going to go this Thursday, but the weather is calling for a high of 100 in Irwindale, and 97 degrees at 5pm. I am going to sit this week out as well--just too hot.

don_w

Reaction score
I hear you on this weather. It really sucks right now. The high is expected to be close to 100 at Barona on Friday too, but since we don't start racing until 6pm, it should be down into the 80s by then. And by the time we finish up around midnight, it will likely be down in high 60s. Hopefully it will be low humidity as well.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back