New best 1/8 mile

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, that is the only way I would consider racing this week because of the heat. Irwindale I probably wouldn't do my first pass until 7:00, and they only race till 10:00, so I probably would get 3 passes in--depending on how crowded it is.

Barona I could make my first pass at 7:30--8:00, and still have 4 hours of racing, and judging by how many passes you make there, I could probably have 10 passes easy by midnight.

Who is going, do we know yet---perhaps Mark could go to? Mark? Adam? Dean? Ken? Of course Don and Donna? Eduardo? Greg? We could have a s197 invasion.

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
I'll start running at 6pm... even though it will be in the mid-80s then. By 8:00, it should be in the high 70s.

BTW, Donna and I will probably get there about 4pm.

We could have a s197 invasion.
Hell yes!!

Last edited:

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn!! I wish it was HOT down here in Texas and stop raining every F'n day just so we can go to the track. It blows sooo bad. I've been waiting for freaking ever to test out my driveshaft and CHE parts and it's killing me!!! Hopefully the weather will be okay today so I can go to test and tune night!!

don_w

Reaction score
I changed from front runners to sportsman so I could drive on my fronts to the track.
Mark, exactly which tires do you have (brand, size, etc), and where did you get them. I saw them at the track, but I didn't pay attention to the details.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Well, that is the only way I would consider racing this week because of the heat. Irwindale I probably wouldn't do my first pass until 7:00, and they only race till 10:00, so I probably would get 3 passes in--depending on how crowded it is.

Barona I could make my first pass at 7:30--8:00, and still have 4 hours of racing, and judging by how many passes you make there, I could probably have 10 passes easy by midnight.

Who is going, do we know yet---perhaps Mark could go to? Mark? Adam? Dean? Ken? Of course Don and Donna? Eduardo? Greg? We could have a s197 invasion.

I am a big ? still, but I would like to.

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
+, I've been eyeballing the 20th @ Famoso; my bud's dad works at Mike's Transmission, and Mike is supposed to be rolling out his 6 sec dragster that day too.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I am a big ? still, but I would like to.

If you decide to go, call me around noon tomorrow---I plan on leaving Valencia around 2pm---I don't think traffic will be that bad because I am thinking alot of people took Wed-Sun off for the 4th.

don_w

Reaction score
So, you're still for sure coming Paul? Anyone else?

FWIW, it will be a couple degrees cooler than previously predicted. About 85 at 6pm, and high 70s by 8pm. Between 10pm and 12am, it should 65-70.

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score

I have to work from noon to midnight:furious:

don_w

Reaction score
I have to admit, I do like my schedule. We only work 1/2-day on Fridays, which makes it very nice for Friday night racing. But, I took some vacation time on Thurs/Fri this week, so I could have a 5-day weekend. :clap:

silverpoison

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have to admit, I do like my schedule. We only work 1/2-day on Fridays, which makes it very nice for Friday night racing. But, I took some vacation time on Thurs/Fri this week, so I could have a 5-day weekend. :clap:

This is my schedule:

1500-2330 sometimes 1300-2330 or 1500-0130 and my days off are Wed/thurs, I have mandatory 14 hours of overtime a week....LAX sucks

As of my last check, I have over 500 hours of vacation:clap:

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
So, you're still for sure coming Paul? Anyone else?

FWIW, it will be a couple degrees cooler than previously predicted. About 85 at 6pm, and high 70s by 8pm. Between 10pm and 12am, it should 65-70.

Well, the final construction walk thru for a store that I am opening went way late, if I went it doesn't look like I would be on the road until 4pm, and I am 168 miles away---going thru LA and Orange county on a Friday evening is not good at all so I am going to have to go another time

I am going to make it a point to go there when I get my bar in though. By then you will have your torque converter.

don_w

Reaction score
Well, the final construction walk thru for a store that I am opening went way late, if I went it doesn't look like I would be on the road until 4pm, and I am 168 miles away---going thru LA and Orange county on a Friday evening is not good at all so I am going to have to go another time

I am going to make it a point to go there when I get my bar in though. By then you will have your torque converter.
I don't blame you... we'll catch you another time!

Correct - I have the 28 x 7 1/2
What width wheel are you using?

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
15 x 3.5

I was going to come down tonight, Don

Just that I didn't want to make the 144 mile trek solo and everyone backed out. Paul, Adam, Dean, etc. etc

I will make it out there. I sent Paul a PM to see if he was still going but he din't get back to me so I assume he's still doing his walkthrough of the new store.

Oh well. Wanted to go but didn't want to come down alone. I WILL make it out there eventually....:beer:

don_w

Reaction score
Thx for the wheel size (same as I have).

And no problem on Barona. We'll get something set up when everyone can make it, and do another one of the big BBQ Pit Parties under the big shade tree! :clap: Here's what the last one looked like...

normal_The_Q___Barona_012.jpg

normal_The_Q___Barona_013.jpg

normal_The_Q___Barona_017.jpg

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I've put 500 miles on those wheels already and there's not even heavy wear on the nubs yet! I honestly don't notice that big of a difference - just a little exagerrated in turns. Heck, I cruised home at 90 mph from Famoso with them... he he

It just makes it a lot easier not to change 4 tires at the track. (I'm sure you can sympathize)

Anway, sorry I'll miss you tonight. I was coming for sure if even Paul was coming but everyone had stuff come up.

The BBQ looks great! Can't wait for next time. Is Barona also running tomorrow???

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back