new best for the 6

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
well i went up to maryland for a race event yesterday i made a "test run" to check the boost levels and launch
first pass was a 13.2 @ 111
then i lowered the tire pressure to 18psi, turned the boost up two to get me an even 17 from 16
did a decent burnout
and was able to launch at about -2 vac on the boost gauage before the tires broke out.
did my 1/4 made it to the slip booth and BAM
11.980@115
I was stoked..

I cranked that boost up and ran an open downpipe... for the boost I turned 4 clicks shoulda been 19 psi left tires the same..
did burn out .. launced at about .5 or so psi this time and bam down the track i went... but the tranny hung in 3rd like its been down under these conditions

I pushed my peak button on the boost gauage and to my dismay it showed a big 21 psi.. I WAS LIKE OH Shit.... not a good way its only tuned to about 18ish i believe... i coulda leaned it out .. i did have about 2 gals of 104 in the tank.
well i pull around
11.900@115 again.. I was like what the f**k.. ok here comes the fun

i turned the boost down and opend the bottle up.
did like i did before pull around thinking i ran decently i only pulled a 11.6@118 depressing but not bad for the tranny sticking at 4500 and not going further as i finish the 1/8-1/4 mark.
so had 4 new best yesterday heres some pics

Kerah2023.jpg

Kerah2022.jpg

Kerah2021.jpg

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
awesome times your just as fast as me now

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
actually faster LOL.... I ran a 11.710 at 114 cause third hung again but longer... that pass shoulda been a low 11 pass say 11.1-11.3

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
awesome times your just as fast as me now

And he is doing it on 2 less cylinders! Time for that new engine!! Awesome times cook. You have forged internals don't you? Why not tune for 21 PSI?

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
i think I could pull alot more out of it if I could stall it up higher to launch with some boost. my 60's are 1.8XX 1.9XX's not the greatest.

Also i wasnt using the juice outta the hole. I would manually activate it after i launched it and got going about 32-3500ish rpms. for the two pass.

There were to many signs at the track so i didnt run anymore after the 2nd juice run i didnt want to be the next one.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
And he is doing it on 2 less cylinders! Time for that new engine!! Awesome times cook. You have forged internals don't you? Why not tune for 21 PSI?

yes i have a 100% built motor.. top to bottom.
cause are auto tranny blows just like the v8's .. LOL..
i need to drive it for about another month and thats it for the time being.

ive noticed two things.. 17 psi boost only it will run and tranny will have hesitation as it pass thru 3rd.

at 17 with juice it just doesnt go anywhere just slowlly creeps up from 4k
so its something with 3rd .. I was not the only one with this issue at the track there was 2 others with the same problem that run F.I aswell.

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
tranny and cage and some minor suspenison pieces are next up when im gone. LOL..

I pretty sure the car can go 11.4 with motor aloneat the same boost level 17 psi .. I just need the tranny fixed up for it.. Not being able to break boost is killing my time and the 3rd gear bull crap.

Rygen

I can break any motor!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Congrats Joey, it was great watching you run yesterday. Very strong runs!

Fake_Snake

FAUX GT500
Reaction score
yes was great to meet you and everyone else Ive been getting help and assistence from over the past 2 years just about. I take it word was not leaked out yet? you know what Im talking about.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back