New best time

jps05roush

Reaction score
Hi all, don't post much here at all, but I do lurk and read just about every day. Back on October 30th had the chance to go to Island Dragway in NJ and run the car with the new motor set-up. Finally got into the 10's. Hit a days best of 10.594 at 131.84 mph with a 1.578 60'. Ran on nitto drags 305*45*18 set at 20lbs pressure. Didn't do anything to the car other than run it. Had a full tank of gas in it as well. The new motor is a Livernois stroker with cams, ported heads and a vortech making 16lbs of boost. Tranny is the 5r555s with a 2800 rpm stall and the input shaft upgraded to a billet hardened shaft. Below is the time slip, sorry for the crappy picture of it. I erased the guys stuff I ran on that run. Overall for a full street car I was pretty happy with the way it ran.

Joe
1059RUN.jpg

killrb

forum member
Reaction score
That's impressive! I'm jealous. And to think you hook like that with 18" drag radials on a street car. Nice!!!!

Brandon

dragpac

forum member
Reaction score
nice run man,don't I know you from Island?I use to run the black 07 GT500.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Hey Joe - great times, I was talking to Louie the other day and he was telling me about some of the killer times you put up at Island. Well done, maybe I'll see you down at Captree sometime.

jps05roush

Reaction score
drag pac, I have only been at Island twice so not sure if we know each other.

Thanks Dave, once I got the tires straightened out I was able to pull several passes in the 10's. Just took a little bit to get her dialed in and find the right tire pressure and do a long enough burn out to get them hot enough to hook. Louie peeled off a couple of 10's as well and was running real strong all day. Hopefully I can find some time to get down to captree and see everyone soon. We're looking to get back either there or Atco early spring. Maybe this time I'll drop some weight, pull the front sway bar and have a set of real track tires for it. And not have a full tank of gas in it either lol.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
sounds good Joe! I saw Louie's passes on youtube. yanking the sway bar definitely helps!

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Those are some wicked times and a very nice car you have as well. How much did the build run you? I want to do something similar in the future, so I just want to get an idea. My goal with my car is mid-low 10's and I have a 5-speed

jps05roush

Reaction score
Thanks Rick, you guy build a very stout motor to say the least. And again I appreciate all your help getting it together with me.

gzmo - Thank You - total project ran a little over $14k. But keep in mind I had the tranny rebuilt, put in new moser axels and detroit locker, large vortech inter-cooler, new ported FRPP heads, new cams, upgraded the fuel pump and injectors, Vortech 8 rib pulley, thumprr tensioner and a few other things I can't remember. All of it was done by Real Speed in Bohemia so that included tuning and labor for all of it as well. I don't have a garage or the patience to do this stuff anymore. If you do you can shave several thousand off the price.

gzmo

forum member
Reaction score
Damn. I'm not the best mechanic so I would definitely have a shop do it for me so it's done right. All I really need than to get me close to your times is a 302 stroker, heads/cams and a shitload of suspension. It will probably cost me close, if not more than 10k including labor but that's what I figured. Now I just have to start saving.

jps05roush

Reaction score
LOL...yeah the suspension plays a big part no doubt. I had did that quite a while ago so I just upgraded the axels and added the detroit locker.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Joe - you went with a locker? not a trutrac?

jps05roush

Reaction score
Dave, my bad...I keep saying locker but it is a tru trac lol....guess that's what happens when you get old.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Dave, my bad...I keep saying locker but it is a tru trac lol....guess that's what happens when you get old.

no worries Joe, didn't think that Dan would have let you put a locker in your car.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back