New Brembo's Installed on the 13 CS!

04sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Since the Brembo option was not available on the CS, I decided to upgrade to Brembo's myself.

Here's how it went.
I ordered up the calipers and hardware kits from ac427cobra on SVTP
. (Thanks Bruce!)

7811684066_e884248625_b.jpg

I decided on some cross drilled/slotted/zinc plated rotors. Nothing too fancy as this car will see mostly street duty.
7811683380_53e5233442_b.jpg

The calipers are the stock Ford Brembo calipers.
7811683012_fe0d271777_b.jpg

Here is the hardware kit. You need one kit per side.
7811683198_2b73e1fb51_b.jpg

The stock brakes were OK, but they left some desire once they were uncovered by the new True Forged wheels.
7811683582_4896714ced_b.jpg

7811682806_b94fd8624b_b.jpg

The new brakes went on very easy.
7811682482_26977ca3ea_b.jpg

Here you can see the hardware kit installed.
7811682286_92d987aaf2_b.jpg

7811682072_5bca2494a2_b.jpg

The new calipers were actually lighter than the stock 2 piston calipers.
7811681906_7a1f424ba4_b.jpg

They fill out the new 20" True Forged wheels well and look much better than the stock brakes.
7811681530_a62090f4eb_b.jpg

7811681336_077fd19ccb_b.jpg

7811681104_3a9ecfcc91_b.jpg

Overall I was very happy on how they turned out. I even got new rear rotors to match the fronts.
I would have got some better shots but it was raining here in Dallas today. Maybe tomorrow will bring some better weather and I will get some shots outside.

Last edited:

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
If those rotors are side specific you may have put them on the wrong sides:

Which direction should the discs rotate?

It is a popular misconception that the slots or drillings in a disc determine the direction of rotation. In truth, for an internally vented disc, the geometry of the vanes dictates the direction of rotation. There are three vane types in use:
  • Straight
  • Pillar vane (comprised of many small posts)
  • Curved vane
The first two vane types are non-directional, and can be used on either side of the vehicle. The curved vane disc, however, is directional. A curved vane disc must be installed with the vanes running back from the inside to outside diameters in the direction of rotation. Please see figure. Orienting the disc in the manner creates a centrifugal pump. The rotation of the disc causes air to be pumped from the center of the disc, through the vanes, and out through the outside diameter of the disc. This greatly enhances the disc's ability to dissipate heat.
Additionally, all of Brembo's slotted discs are directional as well, regardless of the vane geometry. The discs should be installed such that the end of the slot nearest the outer edge of the disc contacts the pad first.

http://www.buybrakes.com/brembo/faq.html#q28

Last edited:

04sleeper

forum member
Reaction score
Very nice! Without a doubt you have the best looking 2013 GT I've seen.
Thank you. :wasted:

Nice upgrade!
Thanks man.

Looks great. Definitely on the to-do list.
Yeah, they are definitely a nice upgrade.

What brakes, all I see are some sexy ass wheels. haha looks really good
Lol. Thanks.

Great car that now looks even better!
Thanks.

If those rotors are side specific you may have put them on the wrong sides:

Which direction should the discs rotate?

It is a popular misconception that the slots or drillings in a disc determine the direction of rotation. In truth, for an internally vented disc, the geometry of the vanes dictates the direction of rotation. There are three vane types in use:
  • Straight
  • Pillar vane (comprised of many small posts)
  • Curved vane
The first two vane types are non-directional, and can be used on either side of the vehicle. The curved vane disc, however, is directional. A curved vane disc must be installed with the vanes running back from the inside to outside diameters in the direction of rotation. Please see figure. Orienting the disc in the manner creates a centrifugal pump. The rotation of the disc causes air to be pumped from the center of the disc, through the vanes, and out through the outside diameter of the disc. This greatly enhances the disc's ability to dissipate heat.
Additionally, all of Brembo's slotted discs are directional as well, regardless of the vane geometry. The discs should be installed such that the end of the slot nearest the outer edge of the disc contacts the pad first.

http://www.buybrakes.com/brembo/faq.html#q28
They are side specific and are marked. As you can see from the pics.

5PointOHNO

forum member
Reaction score
The only 2013 GT that I could see myself in is a white GT/CS. They are head-and-shoulders above all other models (for me, anyways).

Love it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back