New England Chit Chat

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
barton shifter, some hood struts,,, shifter is priority , i have to be careful from 2nd to 3rd or i go into 5th.

car has bbk cai and muffler delete, pipe bombs, i have to be careful when going by the police chief house.

I've heard good things about the Barton shifter. I have an MGW and love it.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
and half the price of a shifter.. yeah i think i'll give that a try first.

That was exactly my thinking when I was trying to get crisper and more precise shifts! Ended up getting a shorter shift knob which reduced the throw a bit.

I've only ever missed one shift at WOT since I put this thing on and it was because I let the clutch out too soon.

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
ok i have an RMV question for you mass holes. im purchasing a car today private party. since my last car was totaled i have no idea where the plates were, was never able to locate them..so now my question is.. can i go to the registry and get new plates for this new car before having the title in my name? the car is down the cape and i cant make trips back and forth. so i would like to go down there with new plates. bank check and everything all set before driving it back up here!

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
ok i have an RMV question for you mass holes. im purchasing a car today private party. since my last car was totaled i have no idea where the plates were, was never able to locate them..so now my question is.. can i go to the registry and get new plates for this new car before having the title in my name? the car is down the cape and i cant make trips back and forth. so i would like to go down there with new plates. bank check and everything all set before driving it back up here!

sorry no, you need to have the title in your hand and signed over to you. there are rmv offices on the cape. one in S.dennis and one in S.yarmouth. and another in plymouth.

Wicked Pissah

forum member
Reaction score
shit thats what i was thinking. you know off hand what time there are open?.. even if the title is gonna go right to the bank? they still need it?

BLACK-MACHINE

living my 2nd child hood
Reaction score
shit thats what i was thinking. you know off hand what time there are open?.. even if the title is gonna go right to the bank? they still need it?

the rmv takes the title that you hand them and issue a new one, they send the new title to the lien holder. ... most rmv offices open at 9 am

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
Good luck man!

What did you get?! :D

Also, make sure you go online and CANCEL the plates on the old car, because if you don't you'll be charged property tax for them.

Ask me how I know

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
so i just passed inspection... no emissions tune, no cats... lol. I fully expected to fail. guy said if it reads the same way next year it will make me do a mac inspection, but at least i bought myself a year. Luckily i came across this guy a couple years ago and will let all my other stuff slide. I of course gave him a generous tip!

S197gt07

forum member
Reaction score
so i just passed inspection... no emissions tune, no cats... lol. I fully expected to fail. guy said if it reads the same way next year it will make me do a mac inspection, but at least i bought myself a year. Luckily i came across this guy a couple years ago and will let all my other stuff slide. I of course gave him a generous tip!

weird. I heard a lot about the MAC inspection with a lot of the 2v guys, first I've heard of a newer one.

I've been doing it with no cats for 3 years, and no MAC talk for me.

HellsBells

620/677
Reaction score
Apparently its a hardcore mass inspection. You have to go to a special center, and they go over the car with a fine tooth comb.

Ah, there's something similar in CA. You can be flagged for a "State Ref" smog, where you can only go to a designated smog center.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back