New Flowmaster Axle Back Kit For The S197??

96blowncobra

forum member
Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing myself! the video they have on their website you can barely hear them.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like they duplicated the FR500s KR mufflers. I listened to a few sound clips and they sound close.

StangPower05

"Pony Up"
Reaction score
Yea, the video is useless. you could barely hear em.. I wanna hear them on a car with some longtubes and a midpipe.. That's when you get the true sound out of the mufflers :thumb:..

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Flow don't do what they did for the 99-04's with our s197's but the round muffler design is heading in the right direction, I have heard s197's with flowmasters they sound just a tad higher than stock, which is lame.

12hp and 12tq gain you say mr flowmaster?

Shades

Reaction score
They have some potential but I would definitely say the KR's are louder. Looking forward to hearing some clips myself..

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Yea, the video is useless. you could barely hear em.. I wanna hear them on a car with some longtubes and a midpipe.. That's when you get the true sound out of the mufflers :thumb:..

I was thinking the same thing when I saw them on their website. Wasnt gonna chance it, so I went with their AT ones..........and with longtubes and a h pipe they sound great with no drone at all.

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
Yea the flows sound good with h pipes. Just don't switch to an x pipe. They become rattlemasters then.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
Yea the flows sound good with h pipes. Just don't switch to an x pipe. They become rattlemasters then.

The American Thunder's and the previous axleback's will rattle, I have to agree....that's because they rust inside....I cut mine open....

The new one's listed in this thread are said to be stainless, which shouldn't rust.....plus, it's a straight through design, which lesson's the potential of it being a rusty baffle..

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
I'd love to try these out on my setup (Kooks + catted H) but at $532 I think I'll pass. I paid less than 300 for my boomtubes and I don't hate them, lol. :)

killr3v

Hector G.
Reaction score
The American Thunder's and the previous axleback's will rattle, I have to agree....that's because they rust inside....I cut mine open....

The new one's listed in this thread are said to be stainless, which shouldn't rust.....plus, it's a straight through design, which lesson's the potential of it being a rusty baffle..

Yea the straight-through shouldn't rattle at all.

SirKnightTG

forum member
Reaction score
To those saying you can barely hear the video....TURN UP YOUR VOLUME. I have my volume set to it's normal level which is actually quite low and I had no issues with the sound. Then again I don't have crap speakers either.

Chris06GT

Dragging LS Ass..
Reaction score
To those saying you can barely hear the video....TURN UP YOUR VOLUME. I have my volume set to it's normal level which is actually quite low and I had no issues with the sound. Then again I don't have crap speakers either.

x2...I heard it good!

DRock

Reaction score
I thought the Hushpower kits werent made to be loud?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back