New from Bama

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Im a new proud owner of an 05 GT supercharged...Im from central alabama and I am a senior in college. Anyways, thing is a beast!!! I know everybody likes pics instead of chit chat, so here are the pics!

Here are some pics
P1040926.jpg

P1040927.jpg

P1040930.jpg

P1040928.jpg

P1040934.jpg

P1040935.jpg

P1040936.jpg

P1040937.jpg

P1040939.jpg

P1040940.jpg

P1040941.jpg

P1040942.jpg

P1040945.jpg

Last edited:

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Welcome to the madhouse!

You've got a BMR K-Member installed there. It's the black parts. That's good shit too! No telling if they got the different motor mounts at the same time or not.

You've also got a Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support on there as well. It's the gray looking parts.

It also looks like it has been dropped on Steeda Ultralights or Sports. Could be Ebach Pro's for that matter, but it looks like the standard 1" up front and 1-1/4" out back. You may also have an adjustable Panhard Bar as well. More pics of the rear, underside would let us know if you also have after-market LCA's/UCA's. Lower and/or Upper Control Arms.

Last edited:

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Welcome to the madhouse!

You've got a BMR K-Member installed there. It's the black parts. That's good shit too! No telling if they got the different motor mounts at the same time or not.

You've also got a Steeda Lightweight Radiator Support on there as well. It's the gray looking parts.

It also looks like it has been dropped on Steeda Ultralights or Sports. Could be Ebach Pro's for that matter, but it looks like the standard 1" up front and 1-1/4" out back. You may also have an adjustable Panhard Bar as well. More pics of the rear, underside would let us know if you also have after-market LCA's/UCA's. Lower and/or Upper Control Arms.

Thanks...I just edited my post so I dont have 2 threads with the same question.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
Nice looking ride. Looks like live in the Forest Hills area of Montgomery(could see the street sign in the back ground). I'am also from the area on Montgomery and own a 2008 Saleen supercharged Mustang. Looks good, you have some money invested in that car.

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Nice car. Lots of good parts on there.

But I have to ask, how are you in college and can afford a supercharged Mustang GT and a CBR? When I was putting myself through college, I didn't have enough money to pay attention, LOL!

I would bet the previous owner had different rims/tires on it before he sold it, and that would be my first mod, stickier tires for the rear.

Last edited:

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Nice car. Lots of good parts on there.

But I have to ask, how are you in college and can afford a supercharged Mustang GT and a CBR? When I was putting myself through college, I didn't have enough money to pay attention, LOL!

I would bet the previous owner had different rims/tires on it before he sold it, and that would be my first mod, stickier tires for the rear.

I've been working since I was 14..haha...That is also my house in the background I bought last year. I just know how to save money and not blow it I guess. I also have a great job that pays well which helps a lot.

But I already have plans for staggered wheels and better tires. And yes, the other owner had drag wheels/skinnies on it..

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Nice looking ride. Looks like live in the Forest Hills area of Montgomery(could see the street sign in the back ground). I'am also from the area on Montgomery and own a 2008 Saleen supercharged Mustang. Looks good, you have some money invested in that car.

Thanks!And yes, you are exactly correct about location. lol We should get up some time. I heard there were some mustang owners that get together pretty often.

SherrodMustang

forum member
Reaction score
That sounds good, I have a few buddies of my that have Mustang of other years. We have been tring to go to the track the last few weeks just for fun on test and tune. You have alot of the suspension upgrades that I have been thinking about buying for awhile, just have not put the cash down for it yet. Looks good.

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice Stang and bike! Throw some Racestars with DRs on it and call it a day! Any idea on what it runs or hp #s?

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
That sounds good, I have a few buddies of my that have Mustang of other years. We have been tring to go to the track the last few weeks just for fun on test and tune. You have alot of the suspension upgrades that I have been thinking about buying for awhile, just have not put the cash down for it yet. Looks good.

Thanks..I went out Friday but they had already closed before I got out there...Message me next time yall plan on going out and Ill try and make it..I wanna run this thing. I crawled up underneath it and couldnt believe all the work that has been done. Im just glad it was done to the car already.

BoostedGT480

Slow 3v
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice Stang and bike! Throw some Racestars with DRs on it and call it a day! Any idea on what it runs or hp #s?

I actually have some already but without DR's...I dont think Im gonna run them though because I really dont wanna snap any axles...Would rather buy tires than drivetrain.

I talked to the guy who tuned it and he told me it dyno'd right at 500. Guy I bought it from said it ran mid 11's. I will see what it will do soon hopefully

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I actually have some already but without DR's...I dont think Im gonna run them though because I really dont wanna snap any axles...Would rather buy tires than drivetrain.

I talked to the guy who tuned it and he told me it dyno'd right at 500. Guy I bought it from said it ran mid 11's. I will see what it will do soon hopefully

Love it...Just wish I was pushing a little more boost..haha Its only pushing 10psi now...I also wish these KB's had a little more whine. Its pretty quiet

10 psi is fine. You should put it on the dyno to check the tune and A/F since I don't see a wideband on the dash and see what it's putting to the ground, my guess is 480-500 rhwp SAE. Once you go over that, stuff starts breaking at a much higher frequency. Not to say you can't go above 10psi, just saying there are a lot more failures after 500 rwhp than under, say 450 rwhp.

Don't be afraid to run the DR's full time. Some DR's, like the Nitto 555 can be run full time on the street and still hook up pretty good at the track. And, since you don't mind buying tires, you won't mind buying a new set once a year, mine usually last 10 to 13.5K miles, depending on burnouts, tire pressure, etc. And at 10 psi, you are probably not in danger of snapping an axle, unless your doing 6000 rpm launches on full slicks, and then your pilot shaft will probably go before the axles. Nitto 555 DRs are far from the stickiest thing out there, and I have never heard of anyone snapping an axle with them on a S197, though I'm sure it's happened.

Not to mention, the DR's will be safer to run on the street than those stock tires. A lot more people with FI have had "agricultural excursions" with street tires than DRs. More traction, less chance of loosing it, better chance of winning impromptu, uh, dare I say street racing? What's the saying, spinnin' ain't winnin'? Many a times a NA Mustang with a good driver/suspension/tires/gears has left a FI Mustang spinning at the light.

Just saying, don't be afraid of the DR's for a DD.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back