New guy from Mid Michigan checking in

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
Thought I would stop by and say HI

Currently driving a 2014 GT Premium Convertible with the Brembo brake package.

New to the site, but hardly new to Mustangs as my first car was a Highland green 68 GT 302 J code car (was an automatic, and was not a fastback ... had chrome reverse wheels and a dixco hood mounted tach, because in the mid 70's, that was the thing LOL)

I'll dig a picture out later

Anyway, just sold my C6 Corvette Z51 and bought this car - having a blast so far

Will be hitting the search button, and eventually asking a lot of questions - just thought I'd start with a quick intro here.

Looks like a great site.

13907079_10206386254406101_6987472391733339672_n.jpg

JimC

Reaction score
Welcome. Are you part of the Mid Michigan Mustang Club?

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
Here's my first Mustang

The picture .. like my memory .. is faded (Polaroid camera)

Hood pins, tach, half moon chrome headlight covers, chrome reverse wheels, spring loaded antenna .. all the style in the mid 70s

I still have the running horse grille emblem from this car

LOL

Attachments

• 2147.JPG
    2147.JPG
    56.1 KB · Views: 8

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome! I didn't know you could get a vert with the track pack. That's a pretty rare car you have there, I'd guess.

Just curious, why trade from the C6? I have been contemplating trading my Mustang for a C6.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Welcome! I didn't know you could get a vert with the track pack. That's a pretty rare car you have there, I'd guess.

Just curious, why trade from the C6? I have been contemplating trading my Mustang for a C6.

If I am reading correctly, it is just a Brembo Brake Package car, not a track pack car. It does not have the Recaro seats in it. Source: my eyeballs. Guy lives across the street from me.

http://www.brembo50.com/about.html

'14StangGT

forum member
Reaction score
that's correct

it is not a track pack car

thanks

I enjoyed my C6, but have always been a Mustang fan, and it was time to get back into a Mustang. My first car was a 68 Mustang GT, as was my Wife's first car, and I didn't even know her then !

My C6 was a 2008 Jetstream blue convertible LT3 with the Z51 package. Very nice car, plenty of power in stock form. If you get a Vette, be prepared for what owners refer to as "Corvette tax" .... it's like: a GM starter is $200 new, but for your Corvette, it is $400 ... LOL

quick pic of my former ride: I wanted a convertible in this specific color with the LT3 / Z51 package, and bought it from a dealer several States away ...

BTW, that's my Wife's muscle car- it's a 1971 Cutlass SX Convertible (1 of 357) .... has the 455 engine - she's 2nd owner since 1974 ...

Last edited:

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Didn't hurt that you saw mine just about every day you left to go to work. :sunot:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
If I am reading correctly, it is just a Brembo Brake Package car, not a track pack car. It does not have the Recaro seats in it. Source: my eyeballs. Guy lives across the street from me.

http://www.brembo50.com/about.html

Well how about that! I always thought that the Track Pack and Brembo package were one and the same, and that people often referred to the Track Pack as the Brembo package.

The more you know...

that's correct

it is not a track pack car

My C6 was a 2008 Jetstream blue convertible LT3 with the Z51 package. Very nice car, plenty of power in stock form. If you get a Vette, be prepared for what owners refer to as "Corvette tax" .... it's like: a GM starter is $200 new, but for your Corvette, it is $400 ... LOL

quick pic of my former ride: I wanted a convertible in this specific color with the LT3 / Z51 package, and bought it from a dealer several States away ...

BTW, that's my Wife's muscle car- it's a 1971 Cutlass SX Convertible (1 of 357) .... has the 455 engine - she's 2nd owner since 1974 ...

Both cars are beautiful!

I love Jetstream blue! Probably that and velocity yellow are my two favorite C6 colors. :thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back