New guy from Ontario Canada

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
New S197 owner here from Caledon Ontario, a bit outside of Toronto. Looking through some of the threads I see some familiar names here from other forums. I had an 89 Fox hatchback project on the go as a track day car with mostly old-school parts on it, but it wasn't coming together mostly due to a lack of time and motivation on my part. Back in 1987 I had bought a 5.0 LX hatch brand new, and that became my track car after a few years ... had lots of fun with that one.

A local friend who will only be able to participate at a few track days per year now due to an increased workload decided to offer me his modded 07 GT for a price that I couldn't refuse. He has a new Fiesta ST on order now, with the idea that he can simply drive it to the track, air up the tires a bit, and go ripping around for the day with little maintenance, not a bad plan.

I've known this car for quite a while, sold him some of the parts through the dealership I work at, and helped with a bit of the wrenching. He had also been nice enough to let me take some laps in the car at Mosport and Shannonville when I didn't have a trackable car of my own, so I knew that it was a strong performer.

The car has about 45,000 miles, never winter driven so very clean underneath. Stock engine save for a CAI, mild tune, and underdrive pulleys, FRPP X-pipe and Magnaflow cat-back. Bilsteins, FRPP springs, Whiteline Watts link and rear lower control arms, GT-500 14" Brembos, 3.73 gears with Torsen T2R diff, 18x9.5" Steeda wheels with 285/40R18 Continental DW street rubber, and 18x10" SVE Drift wheels with various tires for track use. Also has a Sparco seat and MM 4-point roll bar.

It is a very fun and easy to drive quickly on track, and is mild enough to be a pleasant street car still. Only thing I have planned for it right now is to add the 2010-2014 GT-500 hood vent, have a spare hood to cut in to for that, and add some hood pins as well to keep the front corners down at higher speeds. Car was originally ordered with the rear wing deleted, but the Steeda wing was added last year to balance the car after he found the Cervinis chin spoiler made enough difference to the aero on the fast sweepers at Mosport that the car was a bit tail-happy.

And yes, that is a trailer hitch below the rear bumper. Part of the deal was the use of the small enclosed trailer he had for hauling the track wheels & tires, enough room for 4 of the 275 Hoosiers, a floor jack, some tools, and a few spare parts. That's the one thing I miss about the Fox hatch, even with a cage in the car you could pile everything in the back, no trailer required.

cheers
Ed

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score

jay@lrs

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Welcome! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out with!

fast Ed

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome! Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you out with!

Thanks everyone

Jay, I ordered a set of the SVE Series II wheels with black centres when they were on sale a few weeks back, along with a pair of jacking rails. The Steeda wheels on the car now are beat up a bit. My friend just had the one set for a while, had a few set of tires swapped on & off them before he got the Drift wheels from you guys to run as separate track wheels ... so the new 19s will "pretty it up" a bit.

Just trying to decide on what rubber to order to go with these. Would like to get Michelin PSS in 275/35/19 and 295/35/19, but that rear size is quite spendy even at my cost through the dealership where I work, I guess because it is an OEM fitment for the newer BMW M5.

cheers
Ed

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back