New Kid Sounding Off

TheKid

Reaction score
What up everybody? New guy from bristol, tn. College kid new to mustangs(had mine for about 6 months) but not new to quick cars me and my stepdad have a bracket car we mess around with a lil bit

anyway got a 05 gt, 5 spd with the 3rd pedal - redfire red stock aside from flowmasters hoping to change that soon tho

looking for a lil knowlegde hope this is the place to get it
not sure if this is the right place or not but im lookin into gettin an jlt intake/tuner and another axle back. anybody can give me some ideas on some good tuners would be a real help thanks in advance

oh yea a quick pic

Mustang1.jpg

let me know what you all think
TheKid

Last edited by a moderator:

Beauch

New Car / Old School
Reaction score
Welcome,

The people on here are very educated on Power Adders for the car. I myself have primarily done the minor daily driver mods and some cosmetic mods up to this point.

What I do know is that SCT seems to make the most compliant tuning solutions. As far as actual shops in TN for Mustangs, maybe someone will chime in.

The stock tune is laggy and fuel inefficient. Any tune is better than stock, but it seems a C&L Racer intake and site sponsor tune will yield a good result. I would source all the tune, cai, and handheld tuner from a site sponsor for best results.

I would recommend modifying your suspension to suit your vehicle use. You will find the stock suspension will soak up a bunch of power, give you a lot of body roll and dive when braking. There are two philosophies, one is to keep the springs soft and upgrade the sways to increase lateral stiffness. This gives the most compliant overall vehicle, yet is a more expensive route. The second way is to put a stout spring in and you can skip the sway upgrade and still have dramatically improved handling, but a much stiffer ride. You have to decide which route to go up front and buying a balanced package is usually the best way to go.

Just use the SEARCH function as it is your best way to get answers quickly. Or you can search the mods list of Members and PM them with questions.

Have fun!

charlie123

forum member
Reaction score
Alot of good people here man, welcome to the site. Trust me there are alot of good deals here just search around.

TheKid

Reaction score
Thanks for warm welcome

Beauch
i have noticed pretty much all of what you pointed out with the stock gt ... have intenions to do most of the normal mods - intake/tuner, suppension, and exhuast
tryin to keep it within reason

i looked into springs earlier in the summer, but after browsin this site a lil i found out it took just a lil more than just springs - mainly why put em off until i could wait and do it all at once i.e the springs, adj. panhard, caster/camber plates or bolts prolly shocks/struts since the car is sittin with 75k on the clock and depending on far i dropped it - ive also heard bumpster kit and the steeda ball joints are sorta needed but no one really said it was a must - do im up in the air on that too

willing to take opinions froms all on anything on the subjects, suppension, tuner/intake, and axle-back

the tuner i had planned on bamachips - but ive read a lil here and there apprently hes having some trouble - so now im readin that bbr and brenspeed are two left - how you all feel on them?

sry, def. new to this world as ya can tell

GONE_N_60

The Bad Guy
Reaction score
Welcome! Nice TR. Depending on your budget, an intake and tune will really change the drivability and overall fun factor of the car. The exhaust is one of the most subjective topics in the world of the S197. I went with the C&L Racer and Mac Boom Tubes. I originally had a Brenspeed tune which was pretty decent, but I ended up going with BBR, which is simply amazing on every level.

I was going to start fiddling with my suspension this summer, but I'm moving to the midwest in June and may have to DD in the winter snow for the first summer.

There are some awesome people on this site that know their shit. I haven't started very many new threads because most of my questions get answered from browsing around.

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Like everyone said above, there is plenty of info. Don't be afraid to ask, BUT be sure to use the search button first!

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Bristol TN. :thumb2: Went there a few years ago for a "Winston Cup" night race. Nice friendly people and had a great time. We stayed at a B&B in Mountain City and commuted to the track.

WELCOME~

Miracle

"Shall not be infringed"
Reaction score
If you wanna do a fairly long drive, if you ever need to, Joe at Dynospeed in Memphis is about the only tuner in TN that I would recommend.

Welcome to the site, from a fellow Tennessee boy...

:bigwelcome:

TheKid

Reaction score
Thanks,

thats problem i have noticed especially in this area no real well-known tuners for modular mustangs but if you have a pushrod motor you are pretty much set - more tuners than i can think of

i have blue oval classics, j&j performance, white machine shop, image one motorsports/Team Hurley, this is within 10 miles of my house prolly that many more again within 30 miles ... but its all about the pushrod motor, team hurley i know has a one or two real quick s197's but im not a 100 percent sure if they tuned themselves or not

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back