New member in New Orleans

dmfracer

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum. I'm shopping for a nice 2011-2014 Mustang GT with a manual transmission. I've looked at most of the cars for sale in the New Orleans area. The good ones get sold before I can get there to look at them. The cars that are still available are either ragged out trash or over priced.

I've had a number of cars through the years. I like to do road course track days and some drag racing.

I've had an air cooled 911 and a water cooled 911
4 DSM's
2 Miatas
M3
'97 Mustang Cobra
And a bunch of other cars not worth mentioning. I really like Mustangs, though and it's time for another one.

If anyone in the NOLA area knows of any good cars for sale please let me know via Private Message.

Dave

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Have you driven NOLA Motorsports park yet? I want to get down there for a track day sometime this year and check it out. Hopefully NOT in the summer!

dmfracer

Reaction score
I did one track day in my 2000 911 when I moved down here but I've since sold the car and have been stuck driving a company car. NOLA Motorsports is a flat, flat, flat track. It's fun for awhile but then you get bored, and hot, if you are driving there in the summer. I'd like to come up to your neck of the woods and do a track day at Barber - ever driven that track?

I looked at a nice, clean 2014 Mustang GT today with 33k miles. Power cloth seats and Shaker stereo were only options. 3.73:1 rear. It had a MBRP cat back, Roush intake and I'm not sure how to tell if the car has a tune or not as it was on a dealer lot and they didn't know much about the car. Asking price is $25k. I've got a few more cars to look at but this is one of the few nice ones I've seen. It'll probably get sold before I can make a decision.

Welcome to the forum! Have you driven NOLA Motorsports park yet? I want to get down there for a track day sometime this year and check it out. Hopefully NOT in the summer!

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I did one track day in my 2000 911 when I moved down here but I've since sold the car and have been stuck driving a company car. NOLA Motorsports is a flat, flat, flat track. It's fun for awhile but then you get bored, and hot, if you are driving there in the summer. I'd like to come up to your neck of the woods and do a track day at Barber - ever driven that track?

BMP ROCKS! I have been around that track more times than I can count on a sport bike. But I gave those up a few years ago, and have only done one track day at Barber in a car, and that was last year in my Miata. I will probably take the Stang down there this year.

If you get a change to get up there to BMP, do it! You will absolutely love it. Awesome track, and an absolutely gorgeous facility. Definitely the nicest track that I have been to in the south east.

dmfracer

Reaction score
I'll be moving to Atlanta in June with my job and will be close to Barber as well as the Georgia tracks. I plan to do track days at all of them!

BMP ROCKS! I have been around that track more times than I can count on a sport bike. But I gave those up a few years ago, and have only done one track day at Barber in a car, and that was last year in my Miata. I will probably take the Stang down there this year.

If you get a change to get up there to BMP, do it! You will absolutely love it. Awesome track, and an absolutely gorgeous facility. Definitely the nicest track that I have been to in the south east.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
If I lived in Atlanta, I'd be "track day poor!" So many good tracks right that are close by. (my sig pic was taken at the first HPDE Atlanta Motor Speedway hosted in years (maybe ever)

dmfracer

Reaction score
Ugh, trying to find a good 2011-2014 Mustang GT is quite a challenge down here in the New Orleans area. I looked at three cars yesterday over in Baton Rouge. One was a 2011 with Brembos and no other options. It was Kona Blue which is not my favorite. It had a Boss 302 steering wheel which was nice but for some reason the steering wheel buttons for the cruise and radio didn't work. The traction control also didn't work. I passed.

The next car was a 2014 with Brembos and no other options but the dealer was asking $26k. Too much for a car with only Brembos for an option. If it was a GT premium with Brembo that might be an ok deal. You can buy 2015's for $28k so hard to justify $26k. It could probably be bought for $24k? Still to much with no options.

The third car was listed at red, but turned out to be burgundy. I passed, immediately.

Today I will look at another 2014 with the only option being a shaker, but the price looks good even though it has high miles at 66,000. How do you put that many miles on a 2014?

The other car I'm going to look at is a 2013 with a bunch of mods. It's at a dealer and might be a good deal.

dmfracer

Reaction score
Buying a 2014 Mustang GT as we speak. Will the stock 18" wheels clear the Brembos? I need to add them for track work.
E633F25D-3147-45F9-B649-906F0D8AF2DC_zpsttkakr0h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dmfracer

Reaction score
I'm loving this car. The engine sound reminds me a lot of my 1997 Mustang Cobra but the horsepower does not even compare!

Is traction control supposed to allow some wheel spin? Because this car will easily spin the tires for a long ways in first and second gear!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back