New PB! 06 GT

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
After months of head scratching and stress I was finally able to figure out why my car had been running slower. The culprit: bad header gasket! It was making my Bank 1 run lean, or at least that's what the o2 sensor was seeing, hence the slower times. There was a point where I couldn't break into the 13s! My car would run high 12s all day, mind you, with a 12.65 personal best. It was a frustrating season.

After I fixed the header gasket the car felt much better instantly. I would feel the power throughout the RPMs. So I ended up taking her to the track on Saturday and here are the results!

My new PB!

My mod list:

JLT S3 intake
Steeda CMDP
Pacesetter LT w/ off-road h-pipe
SSS Axleback
Summit Racing Pulleys
SCT X4 w/BAMA tune
FRPP 4.10 gears

Suspesion:
BMR LCAs
BMR panhard bar
J&M Adj. UCA w/J&M bracket
BMR drag springs,
BMR Relo brackets

Tire setup:

SVE 17" skinnies
275/60/15 Nitto 555 Extreme Drag on 15x8 Summit wheels

Now that my car is running good it on to the next move. Clutch, few weight reduction mods and Cams. I want to break into the 11s N/A, at least that's the goal.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Nice times!! going to check my car for a bad gasket... lol

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks, gentlemen.

I'm gonna try to make it to Sonoma Raceway this week and see if I can match or even improve my times (better prepped there).

Lindertw, I'll definitely try that! That pass was with front sway bar on and full interior and just rear space tire removed. Next time I'll be removing the front sway bar, pass and rear seats. And maybe try that power steering bypass mod. :)

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
So I made it out to Sonoma Raceway yesterday and lets just say my clutch is toast! The track was sticky as hell, to the point where it ripped the axle off of 80s Crown Vic (Nitrous car).

I was still able to run consistent 12.5s with 1.7 60fts, but from the odor, clutch is about done. I'm most likely done for the season, but nice way to finish. Very happy with the car. I'll be replacing the clutch soon and adding a few modifications (Alum. DS, Tubular radiator support, possibly some sort of drag shocks).

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks gentlemen. I have video of the pass, i'll post it as soon as I figure out how to get it out of my camera. lol.

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
What RPM do you cross the traps at?

Good question. I dont know exactly. Now with 4.10s, I'm well in 4th gear. If I had to guess, I'd say around 5000 rpms. Before with the 3.55s I could finish the 1/4 in 3rd gear if I wanted to and would cross the trap right before redline (6500), but I found it was better to just shift to 4th

obsrt86

forum member
Reaction score
Nice runs!

Thanks!

What cams do you have? I would love to have a 11.9 time slip one day. Also, so I can rub it on my buddies face, lol. He has a cammed ls2 c6 vette, since that's his best time so far.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
What RPM do you cross the traps at?

Good question. I dont know exactly. Now with 4.10s, I'm well in 4th gear. If I had to guess, I'd say around 5000 rpms. Before with the 3.55s I could finish the 1/4 in 3rd gear if I wanted to and would cross the trap right before redline (6500), but I found it was better to just shift to 4th

this will get you close: trap rpm=(mph x final gear ratio x 336)/tire diameter

bunits19714

forum member
Reaction score
this will get you close: trap rpm=(mph x final gear ratio x 336)/tire diameter
nice formula- but may want to add for the readers that final gear ratio is the rear gear x the trans gear ratio if it is other than 1:1 - example 3rd gear on a 6r80 is 1.52 so final gear ratio is 3.15x1.52=4.79. pretty accurate formula right on the money for my trap rpms.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back