New PB and in need of advice!

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
I finally got my 14' to run in the mid 10's! This Friday on 28" Hoosier slicks and 19's up front I went 10.50@129 with a 1.53 60' and 6.7@102 8th. Car has a paxton with a torque booster set up at 10 psi, an orx, and a circle d 3c 245mm converter on 93 octane. It is experiencing knock up top and pulled timing to 13 degrees. I'm gonna get that sorted out but I also want to change my suspension set up. I currently have steeda billet lcas, bmr adjustable phb, and bmr springs. I ran without a rear sway bar and will be reinstalling the stock one. I'm thinking of an adjustable Uca, lca relocation brackets, front struts, and adjustable rear shocks for now. I was looking at bmr pieces for the brackets and control arm and either the Viking double adjustables, qa1 singles, or strange s6008lm for the rear. The front I'm absolutely lost lol. I was thinking of s6009lm front struts. How would this set up drive? It is my DD and driveability matters and I occasionally have a little fun on the expressway as well as track fun. I was also thinking of a radiator support delete but the version that retains the front sway bar.

Any and all advice is appreciated! The road to 10's starts now! Here are some pics.

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
that is a good looking ride! First place to start IMO will be putting the rear sway bar back on as mentioned followed by bmr relo brackets and a set of Viking double adjustable rear shocks

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
Thanks!!! Will the rear sway bar help? I agree it does sound good to start with brackets and shocks. I read on a thread that u use the Vikings?

DVEST8R

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks!!! Will the rear sway bar help? I agree it does sound good to start with brackets and shocks. I read on a thread that u use the Vikings?

Yes putting the rear sway bar back on will help keep unnecessary body roll to a minimum. Yes Kelly at BMR preached the vikings for a year and I finally listened.....one of the best suspension mods yet!

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
So that tube issue is very much true? I have to see who local can do that then. I'm more than likely going to do the brackets first. What hole do u have yours set to?

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Reaction score
Don't you need to add a roll bar at that ET?

This year's NHRA rulebook is ambiguous about roll bars in 2008 & newer cars. Some tracks are interpreting it to still require a cage at 11.49 and below, while other tracks are interpreting it to lower the ET to 9.99 on 2008 & newer cars for cages. I have two tracks that I race at locally; one is firm on the 11.49 number, while the other track is now ignoring the need for a cage until the 9.99 (or 135 mph) mark.

phattyfat

forum member
Reaction score
That is a super sexy looking car. Sounds like you're on the right track with an adjustable upper and some lower control brackets. Should maybe think about that radiator support and skinnies too. Either way your car is badass already. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
So that tube issue is very much true? I have to see who local can do that then. I'm more than likely going to do the brackets first. What hole do u have yours set to?

Absolutely. There's a big thread about it here on S197. Even had one of my friends destroy his housing a couple weeks ago. It jerked forward and tore the slick through the front of the wheelwell, just like AM's car did. That's scary stuff! Trust me. Weld & Brace if you want to race on LCA Relos.

Bullett

Pwnisher
Reaction score
My relo brackets are modified, id say they are between the top and middle holes. Heres a link : http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112174&highlight=suspension+gurus

I will check that out!
Don't you need to add a roll bar at that ET?

Not at my local track as stayed until 9.9.

That is a super sexy looking car. Sounds like you're on the right track with an adjustable upper and some lower control brackets. Should maybe think about that radiator support and skinnies too. Either way your car is badass already. Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bro! I'm definitely gonna buy soon. I'm not going back until I get these parts.

Absolutely. There's a big thread about it here on S197. Even had one of my friends destroy his housing a couple weeks ago. It jerked forward and tore the slick through the front of the wheelwell, just like AM's car did. That's scary stuff! Trust me. Weld & Brace if you want to race on LCA Relos.

Wow! Well looks like something else is added to the to do list.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back