New Personal Best (NA & on Street Tires)

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Fair enough

Nope, they are honest to god street tires. They aren't stock tires, though. I run a 275/50/17 on the rear, stockers on the front. They are Nitto NT450's. You can check them out on Nitto's website to see they are not a drag radial or anything.

Fair enough that's not bad at all I only netted a 12.3 with my turbo on street tires although It was a new setup and I was taking things slow. If your doing that good can;t wait to see what you pull off next, you better not catch me:sigh1: I will be mid 11's next track run hopefully.

Haven't had a chance to scan the slips for the official ranking thread, but rest assure, they will be up.

And that's what camera phones are for snap and upload done.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Fair enough that's not bad at all I only netted a 12.3 with my turbo on street tires although It was a new setup and I was taking things slow. If your doing that good can;t wait to see what you pull off next, you better not catch me:sigh1: I will be mid 11's next track run hopefully.

Well, I plan on throwing shit out of the car now. Passenger seat, spare tire and jack. etc.

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Thats what I did

Well, I plan on throwing shit out of the car now. Passenger seat, spare tire and jack. etc.

That what I did I had subs in the back speakers on the side etc. I took out the passenger seat the subs, speakers and with the change from 18X10 to 15X10 on the rear I lost 135lbs although I don't know how much my cars weighs.

losing weight helps but to really make a dent in time change you have to lose a lot of it.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
That what I did I had subs in the back speakers on the side etc. I took out the passenger seat the subs, speakers and with the change from 18X10 to 15X10 on the rear I lost 135lbs although I don't know how much my cars weighs.

losing weight helps but to really make a dent in time change you have to lose a lot of it.

A good rule of thumb is 100lbs is a tenth.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Great job, 12.941 @ 107.53 is my best yet on stock tires at full weight me being 220lbs, Seems the scanner is not working for me tonight. 12.8 so far on the list is the best for streets. I seen a fox run with 275's 12.5 on streets so I won't call bs.

Did you heat them up as your 60' seems to be quite low yet I have seen another street tired car pull a 1.89 against me after he heated his tires up a little.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Here are the time slips. One for the 12.60, and one to back it up...

Im in the right lane. Car #528. The guy in the left is the 93 vette I whooped on all night.

I know my car doesn't have a lot of show, but I wonder if this makes me a contendor for car of the month for the go?!?

picture.php

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Great job, 12.941 @ 107.53 is my best yet on stock tires at full weight me being 220lbs, Seems the scanner is not working for me tonight. 12.8 so far on the list is the best for streets. I seen a fox run with 275's 12.5 on streets so I won't call bs.

Did you heat them up as your 60' seems to be quite low yet I have seen another street tired car pull a 1.89 against me after he heated his tires up a little.

I zing them just to get the water off of them, but I don't heat them up.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Seems like the lca relocation gives you a little more bite. You have no LT's listed yet you have the off road H pipe so I assume you have them?

Croft

It's GOOOOOOO Time
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I hate you! Lol, just kidding. Good time for sure!

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Seems like the lca relocation gives you a little more bite. You have no LT's listed yet you have the off road H pipe so I assume you have them?

Nope, no long tubes. Just the O/R H Pipe. I am considering them for next season. Not sure what gains I will get from them. It seems like it depends on who you talk to whether or not you seen any gain. So, Im not sold on them just yet.

Noclutch

forum member
Reaction score
Now that is bad news...for us who were hoping you had them...lol.
I have a lot of work to do yet with this stock exhaust so your posts gives me insight.

Good Job.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I might pick up some LT's next year, that a driveshaft, sway bar delete and CMCV deletes(still on the fence about those) and i'm pretty much done with bolt on's at that point, I use the power steering delete belt just for the track. (+5-10 supposedly)

Last edited:

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
Im torn now.

When I started modding the car, my first goal was to just get it in the 12s on street tires. So, I blew past that...

I wanted to do this all without doing anything temporary to the car, ie. take any weight out like spare tire, jack, etc.

I wanted to drive the car down, lower the tire pressure in the rear, and race.

But, I am so close to dipping into the 12.50s, possibly the 12.40s. And all I need to do is start throwing ballast out of the car, and possibly throw on a short belt.

Goddam dragracing addiction. It is worse than crack!

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
Im torn now.

When I started modding the car, my first goal was to just get it in the 12s on street tires. So, I blew past that...

I wanted to do this all without doing anything temporary to the car, ie. take any weight out like spare tire, jack, etc.

I wanted to drive the car down, lower the tire pressure in the rear, and race.

But, I am so close to dipping into the 12.50s, possibly the 12.40s. And all I need to do is start throwing ballast out of the car, and possibly throw on a short belt.

Goddam dragracing addiction. It is worse than crack!

I think you should make your goal to catch Matt D, now if you do that I would be very envious as would many others. When I get my shit fixed I hope to be where he is but with boost before the season ends .

Taller gears and some radials or slicks should net big gains, it won't be streets but you will only be satisfied with street tires times for so long.

NA-Stang

AMC #8 aka "The Jockey"
Reaction score
I think you should make your goal to catch Matt D, now if you do that I would be very envious as would many others. When I get my shit fixed I hope to be where he is but with boost before the season ends .

Taller gears and some radials or slicks should net big gains, it won't be streets but you will only be satisfied with street tires times for so long.

Matt D is in a league of his own...

shifter87

"Go Big or Go Home"
Reaction score
yes indeed

Matt D is in a league of his own...

I agree with that. Just read the article with him in it and I guess then he was running high 11's now to see him running on the brenk of 10's is crazy in only a few months.

Hey without inspiration from other what do you have.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back