New Personal Best

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
I switched to the Bama 93 Race tune and went to Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk last night and ran a new personal best. Check out the 60'. That needs some serious help.

1244.jpg

Was bracket racing and lost to a 20 second Oldsmobile... figures...

brent_G

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Seeing this stuff makes me wonder why I even bother with my 06. Good time!

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
not a bad 60' on street tires. how were you launching? what tire pressure were you using? did you do any burnout?

nice mph btw! what exactly are your mods?

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
I have 2007 GT500 wheels on the back wrapped in 305/35R18 Nitto NT555R's at about 17-18 psi, I do a 3 or 4 second 2nd gear burny. I have FRPP P-springs and LCA's, full exhaust, and Bama tune. I was launching at 1300 rpm, and crossing the line in 4th at 7300 rpm...

IMG_1026.jpg

luv2drum1

Reaction score
Your car looks good. If the track is not prepped properly, it will be tough to obtain a good 60'.

iceguyb14

Mustang Fanatic
Reaction score
I have 2007 GT500 wheels on the back wrapped in 305/35R18 Nitto NT555R's at about 17-18 psi, I do a 3 or 4 second 2nd gear burny. I have FRPP P-springs and LCA's, full exhaust, and Bama tune. I was launching at 1300 rpm, and crossing the line in 4th at 7300 rpm...

IMG_1026.jpg

Did it spin when you launched? That seems like such a low rpm. On the stock pzeros at 33 psi I roll thru the water box, then do a first gear burnout up to the line (not sitting in one place at all, just for a second or two up to the line) and launching at around 3000-3500 the car hooks pretty good. Get consistent 1.9 60' times at every track I've been to and even dipped into the 1.8s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Did it spin when you launched? That seems like such a low rpm. On the stock pzeros at 33 psi I roll thru the water box, then do a first gear burnout up to the line (not sitting in one place at all, just for a second or two up to the line) and launching at around 3000-3500 the car hooks pretty good. Get consistent 1.9 60' times at every track I've been to and even dipped into the 1.8s.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

It didn't spin that low, although at 2000 rpm it spins like a bitch. I had similar 60' times on my stock tires, but at $500 a piece, I didn't want to burn through the pZeros too much, so I picked these up for a decent price. I'm looking into 15x8 or 15x10 once I go through these Nittos.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
You lost that one on the tree dude. He got you by 0.4 s on the tree. He ran 0.3 off his dial so you should have run him down but I guess you were napping? LOL

Good run though. Nice and consistent. Can't get a whole lot better 0.04 off the dial. Now work on that RT!

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
You lost that one on the tree dude. He got you by 0.4 s on the tree. He ran 0.3 off his dial so you should have run him down but I guess you were napping? LOL

Good run though. Nice and consistent. Can't get a whole lot better 0.04 off the dial. Now work on that RT!

Yea, being my first night bracket racing, I didn't realize the RT had an effect until I didn't get the Win. In retrospect it makes perfect sense.

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Yea, being my first night bracket racing, I didn't realize the RT had an effect until I didn't get the Win. In retrospect it makes perfect sense.

Yeah, on brackets RT and consistent ETs are what wins the race every time. You've got a good trend going with the dial, nice job with a stick car. :beerchug2:

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Yeah, on brackets RT and consistent ETs are what wins the race every time. You've got a good trend going with the dial, nice job with a stick car. :beerchug2:

Thanks :beerchug2: I'm going to try again next week. Too bad they didn't have TrackApps in 2012 and could work on my RT on the str--- I mean, on an enclosed track...

jrc1122

Reaction score

Was about to post the same thing.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
I switched to the Bama 93 Race tune and went to Summit Motorsports Park in Norwalk last night and ran a new personal best. Check out the 60'. That needs some serious help.

Was bracket racing and lost to a 20 second Oldsmobile... figures...

Well, the good news is that the trap speed is decent.

What type of LCAs are you running? Stock shocks? Are you trying to slip the clutch out of the hole?

2012Coyote

Fuggit.
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that the trap speed is decent.

What type of LCAs are you running? Stock shocks? Are you trying to slip the clutch out of the hole?

I'm running the FRPP LCA's, and the shocks and struts are still stock. I don't ever slip the clutch. I've never tried it. Think that will help?

Swarzkopf

forum member
Reaction score
56 MPH trap speed...LOL...I figured it was a botched pass until I saw the "Win" at the bottom. That's hilarious.

Nice job on your new best!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back