New pics of my Mustang

Nickoli

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Very nice car! I love the look you created. Is there any performace mods done?

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's got a built 4.6, bored .030 over, ModMax H-Beams, Keith Black dished and notched forged pistons, upgraded windage tray, 10% overdrive Innovators West balancer, TCI Street Fighter 3000 stall, 3.90 gears, BBK O/R X-Pipe, and custom exhaust.

It's also got an Edelbrock E-Force blower with the race intake and a 2.75" upper pulley, and after this weekend, a GT500 fuel system. Blower should be boosting around 13-14psi when all is said and done.

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, the top of the dash, gauge pod, sunvisors, a-pillars, b-pillars, and c-pillars as well as the headliner and rear package tray are covered in suede. James, the interior guru at Airhead actually inlaid my flames into my headliner as well. I don't have any good pics of it installed at the moment, but here it is on the table before it went in the car. The flames match the flames that go over the roof perfectly. It was James's idea and I admit I was hesitant at first since I've seen similar stuff done on old hot rods and hated it. He kept it really clean and used only a thin layer of foam to sculpt the flames, so they came out really subtle. So much so that they were almost impossible to photograph lol.

Headliner.jpg

Last edited:

jjay760

forum member
Reaction score
gorgeous car. im usually not a fan of the flames, but those are really nice looking. dont know if i missed it, but what suspension are you running? a vid would be way nice, please

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks man, I may be able to do a quick video this weekend.

jjay760, I'm running Eibach Sportline springs and sway bars, Tokico D-Specs, and a BMR adjustable panhard bar.

Dave@StreetCar1320

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Car looks killer Kris. Nice work! Love that hood and the paint scheme is great. Can't wait to see the walk around video. I'm sure it looks absolutely amazing in person.

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
SEX!!!! X2 on the steeriing wheel I vote for NRG hub w/ quick release and your choice of suede wheel?? That would finish it off...

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
It'd be awesome to run a race wheel, but I'd hate to try getting it insured without a driver side air bag...seems like that'd be a big deal. I have considered refinishing my Bullitt steering wheel though. I love the shape of it, but it feels a little wimpy and I don't like that it's solid black.

06z28eater

forum member
Reaction score
how bout the center exhaust, did you buy the street scene exhaust kit or modify your own? i have muffler deletes and i think it would be easy to modify them to fit. i just dont know if these tips are too big.

awesome car, definately 1 of the best i have ever seen!

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
I bought the Street Scene kit in a pinch. I had planned to have my own fabbed, but honestly, the SSE kit is so well-built that I'm glad I went with it. I'm still iffy on the Magnaflow mufflers that come on it though. I'd like to replace them with Borla Stingers in the near future. I had Borlas on the car before and it sounded like sex. The Magnaflows are a bit dry sounding whereas the Borlas had a deep, smooth sound. We'll see. :)

As for running deletes, I think it'd be a breeze. The center-exit tips have a really nice bracket system that keeps them level with one another too.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
that looks awesome, i'd like to see more interior pics if possible. How did they do the door panel, meaning did they remove the factory fabric?

rford426

Resident 5.0 H8R
Reaction score
It'd be awesome to run a race wheel, but I'd hate to try getting it insured without a driver side air bag...seems like that'd be a big deal. I have considered refinishing my Bullitt steering wheel though. I love the shape of it, but it feels a little wimpy and I don't like that it's solid black.
Yeah I didn't think about insurance my buddy has a 350z with nrg hub and quick release and a suede nardi wheel and it is sex!!!! I have suede on my headliner and need to do the door sills do you have anymore pics on the pillars? I wanted to do mine but i didn't know where to stop the suede. Does yours go all the way back around the rear quarter windows?

Sorry for all the questions haha but the car looks great and LOVE all the suede!

Kris_H

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah I didn't think about insurance my buddy has a 350z with nrg hub and quick release and a suede nardi wheel and it is sex!!!! I have suede on my headliner and need to do the door sills do you have anymore pics on the pillars? I wanted to do mine but i didn't know where to stop the suede. Does yours go all the way back around the rear quarter windows?

Sorry for all the questions haha but the car looks great and LOVE all the suede!

I'll see if I can snap some more pics of the interior this week. Doing a bit more work on it, so I'm sure I'll want to share the results soon anyway. The suede does go all the way around. Basically everything from the beltline of the car-up is suede. :)

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Kris is that the same car you've had for the last few years which had the Procharger?
I like the new look. Car looks great .

Pete

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back