new pro charger leaking

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Just had a procharger system installed on my 2014 gt. Have just over 500 miles on the unit and went to do the break in oil change as recommended by pro charger today. Oil level seemed a bit low and there was some oil under the unit . cleaned everything up and drained the oil from it. Added the 6oz of procharger oil. just took it for a ride nothing crazy didnt go over 60 and hit boost once for mere seconds. Get home inspect the connections and find oil collecting on the top of the outlet hose [ the one that heads towards the intercooler]. This unit is brand new is this an inherent problem with them? Any input will help. Planning on calling Procharger on Monday. This sucks.

BL00DSH0T

forum member
Reaction score
If all connections are good it is a bad seal. I had the same thing on mine. Procharger took care of it, just had to send it in. When I called they seemed that it was a known issue with some units.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
ah , wonderful uninstall pack , ship and reinstall. How long did they have the unit when you sent it in? It seemed to take forever to get it in the first place.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
shoulda got a vortech, gotta remove it at my own expense. Ship it at my own expense [ if found to be defective they will re-emburse shipping costs] and re-install at my own expense. This unit was professionally installed and is less then a month old with less then 1k on it. Ran vortech in my Bullitt for 6 years without a hic- cough . I am too old to be wrenching on my cars that is why I laid out $$ for the install. This sucks gonna attempt to start the removal tomorrow. Done plenty of wrenching in my day but my back doesn't like leaning over into the engine room any more.

Riptide

Will work for Mustang.
Reaction score
That kinda baloney makes me feel like sending a bill for my own labor in those situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatwat

bullitt boy

Reaction score
^ Kinda how I feel pay for quality parts and have them fail after less then 1k is not giving me a warm fuzzy feeling about the procharger system. Will see what develops after its removed and sent in for inspection.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Did u buy the S/C from the install place?

bullitt boy

Reaction score
no did not ^ bought it from a vendor on here who has always been top shelf in my dealings with them. Installer is a reputable mechanic who has done lots of work for me in the past and is very meticulous I have never had an issue with any work he has done for me in the past ie clutchs, transmissions etc etc etc.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
If anything Rick I can pull the head unit off for ya and we can pack it up.
let me know.

Last edited:

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no did not ^ bought it from a vendor on here who has always been top shelf in my dealings with them. Installer is a reputable mechanic who has done lots of work for me in the past and is very meticulous I have never had an issue with any work he has done for me in the past ie clutchs, transmissions etc etc etc.

gotcha, I asked as if you buy from the installer they should be covering the labor.

It was not a knock against either vendor or installer.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
thanks Frank gonna give it a go today it really doesn't look that hard, just tough for me to hang over the fenders these days
Dave I understood that just wanted to give the feedback in case someone may have been wondering about reputation and or quality from either seller or installer, both are top notch business's.

Sharad

Site Sponsor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
This unit is brand new is this an inherent problem with them? Any input will help.

This is not an inherent problem. I've had three ProChargered Mustangs, including my current 2011 5.0, and none of them leaked.

Unfortunate situation though.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Hope it turns out good for you. I had one Procharger. Everything about it was top notch.

Removing the blower is fairly easy. It's just a belt and a few 9/16" head bolts.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
shoulda got a vortech, gotta remove it at my own expense. Ship it at my own expense [ if found to be defective they will re-emburse shipping costs] and re-install at my own expense. This unit was professionally installed and is less then a month old with less then 1k on it. Ran vortech in my Bullitt for 6 years without a hic- cough . I am too old to be wrenching on my cars that is why I laid out $$ for the install. This sucks gonna attempt to start the removal tomorrow. Done plenty of wrenching in my day but my back doesn't like leaning over into the engine room any more.

Removing the head unit is easy. 1hr job tops, you will be fine. Installing an entire system or removing it is a little more involved.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Head unit out and shipped $80 shipping via UPS. Three of the 4 mounting bracket bolts had to be removed so I could pivot the whole thing up and wiggle it out past the valve covers. Total pain in the ass having to remove a month old install that was perfect on a brand new unit. Hope they can get it sealed up and back in a timely manner. My back is killing me, too old for this shit.

05stroker

Never enough power guy!
Reaction score
Head unit out and shipped $80 shipping via UPS. Three of the 4 mounting bracket bolts had to be removed so I could pivot the whole thing up and wiggle it out past the valve covers. Total pain in the ass having to remove a month old install that was perfect on a brand new unit. Hope they can get it sealed up and back in a timely manner. My back is killing me, too old for this shit.

I take the belt off and remove the head unit with the mounting bracket attached. A lot easier, I would remove the mounting bracket and reinstall the head unit attached to it. JMO

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Good advice ^ was trying to leave as much as possible in place, lol.

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score
Just had a procharger system installed on my 2014 gt. Have just over 500 miles on the unit and went to do the break in oil change as recommended by pro charger today. Oil level seemed a bit low and there was some oil under the unit . cleaned everything up and drained the oil from it. Added the 6oz of procharger oil. just took it for a ride nothing crazy didnt go over 60 and hit boost once for mere seconds. Get home inspect the connections and find oil collecting on the top of the outlet hose [ the one that heads towards the intercooler]. This unit is brand new is this an inherent problem with them? Any input will help. Planning on calling Procharger on Monday. This sucks.

My BRAND NEW D1SC is at Superchargerrebuild.com right now getting a new seal(hope that's all!) picked it up from a guy who has had it a few yrs but was new from procharger. Put it on, filled with 6oz of oil, let it idle for about 10min and notice oil coming from the bypass! Took the unit off and when I tilted the compressor housing oil poured out! I was not happy! After a lot of research it seems not uncommon, even for a new unit, to have had the seal rolled when installed. Folks at Superchargerrebuild.com have been great so far with fantastic prices!

cbracoupe

forum member
Reaction score

Hope you have good luck with ups. Most do. I have not. Plus there high $$$. I use usps priority and express when possible. Cost $31 to ship 2nd day priority from AL to TX. Hate you had to do this. Good luck. Sure procharger is going to take care of you!

bullitt boy

Reaction score
I hope they take care of it too. Should arrive at there place in Kansas tomorrow. We shall see.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back