New Rotors, WTF?

GRAYPNY

Rich
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of Baer rotors off ebay and they arrived today. I opened the boxes and of course the last box the rotor looks like this. :thud:

I contacted the seller and I'll see what he has to say. It looks like it has corroision or some weird stuff growing on it. I took alittle brake cleaner and the shit didn't move. The other 3 are perfect.

Last edited:

grngt50

forum member
Reaction score
damn that sucks! I have purchased some drilled/slotted rotors from a place in SoCal called R1 Concepts. Their rotors are nice and zero problems for the last 30k. Another plus is they are super cheap lol Good luck man

-James

scramblr

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of Baer rotors off ebay and they arrived today. I opened the boxes and of course the last box the rotor looks like this. :thud:

I contacted the seller and I'll see what he has to say. It looks like it has corroision or some weird stuff growing on it. I took alittle brake cleaner and the shit didn't move. The other 3 are perfect.

Sorry for your misfortune and hope they take care of it. Another example of why I stay away from Fleabay. I got mine from D'Agostino Racing and had zero issues. Plus I know Derek will 100% handle any problems.

damn that sucks! I have purchased some drilled/slotted rotors from a place in SoCal called R1 Concepts. Their rotors are nice and zero problems for the last 30k. Another plus is they are super cheap lol Good luck man

-James

I ran the R1s for over a year. All four cracked and anytime they got wet, showed a lot of rust. They are super cheap.

jt217

forum member
Reaction score
Thats exactly what one of my rotors looks like when I sprayed some chrome cleaner on my rim and didn't get the acid (from the spray) off fast enough.

grngt50

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry for your misfortune and hope they take care of it. Another example of why I stay away from Fleabay. I got mine from D'Agostino Racing and had zero issues. Plus I know Derek will 100% handle any problems.

I ran the R1s for over a year. All four cracked and anytime they got wet, showed a lot of rust. They are super cheap.

that's nuts.......I have run them on three different cars all with Hawk HP pads without incident. I can't comment on how they hold up in the rain with regards to rust though

Matt D

S197 Pilot
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
We bought 20 sets of Baer rotors and I would say at least 10 of them came messed up like yours did. It's the manufacter problem. No idea why it does that

duece05

forum member
Reaction score
that is soap stain from being in a tumbler, a tumbler is filled with conical pieces of media and used to debur all sharp edges. doesnt hurt anything just use some scotch brite and it will come right off

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back