New Saleen Mustang unveiled

sidvicious

forum member
Reaction score
Maybe I am biased but the 05 model change was the last of the good looking saleens.

I gotta agree; and I don't think its a coincidence because that was the last Saleen designed by Phil Frank. Frank also designed the S7. Since he left, the car does not seem to have the same cache. I think a Ring Brother's designer penned the new car. Personally, I'm not sold on the looks of the S550, so its hard for me to like any rendition. I liked the S197 the minute I saw it.

Last edited:

Kenaizer

forum member
Reaction score

Haha, it would go off the charts with some of the posts I respond to. I primarily stick to the instances where I can correct a mistake with an incorrect alternative.

I tried to correct an incorrect utilization of "jury's" once with "jurees '" and the humor was lost on the person.

**THEIR

There - location
They're - they are

Oh, ok. Thank you. Was 'dinner' correct?

The dude has a typo in his screen name. Don't expect much. :)

Haha, good point.

char259

Wolf Pack Racing
Reaction score
Saleen is on brink of bankruptcy again, just a horrible businessman. It's been coming for awhile but the homer moderators on SOEC kept painting a bullshit future picture. Only lately are they coming clean

Bingo

Because street car
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
It's a shame that a company that put out the S7 has been reduced to rebadging cars and attempting to sell them for a ridiculous price.

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
It's a shame that a company that put out the S7 has been reduced to rebadging cars and attempting to sell them for a ridiculous price.

the S7 and more specifically the S7r is one of the main reasons they are in trouble, just never recovered from the designing of that car. I actually like what they've done with the s550

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bullitt 3309

forum member
Reaction score
Meh, what kind of warranty support do you get from a bankrupt company... A friend of mine had a hell of a time getting an 04 Extreme fixed under warranty in Florida at what was supposed to be "the" Saleen dealership, Brandon Ford... fuck Saleen...

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score

That's how they built their business to the point that they could design the S7.

This one is not their best work, and that wing is god awful, but they've never been subtle with their wings in the past either.

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I owned a Saleen for awhile and I can tell you even back then when Saleen was it's strongest.
You lost your ass trading in one of their Mustangs.

GallopingFord

I'm Cam - Mr. Indecisive
Reaction score

LOL. AJ you are killing me hear man

Meh, what kind of warranty support do you get from a bankrupt company... A friend of mine had a hell of a time getting an 04 Extreme fixed under warranty in Florida at what was supposed to be "the" Saleen dealership, Brandon Ford... fuck Saleen...

We had Saleen back in the 80s and 90s and dumped them right when the SN95 came out. Coming from a Ford dealership perspective, it was a fucking nightmare trying to work with Saleen warranty claims.

Last edited:

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
LOL that's what I thought also.

http://jalopnik.com/this-tuned-mustang-made-me-realize-the-value-of-journa-1693235525

Saleen’s most recent quarterly 10-Q filing, which covers the company’s financials through the end of 2014, states that it now has $95,435 in the bank. Hey! That’s an improvement!

Except now it has $7,045,503 in total liabilities, including $635,250 in unpaid payroll taxes, $365,998 owed to a bank by the end of March, and $1,295,705 in accounts payable “greater than 90 days past due.”
Saleen’s filing also reveals that R&D spending fell to $144,316 (from $250,130), as did its revenue, from $866,524 to $536,895 at the end of the year.

Saleen also took care of some litigation last year, including a suit “related to an engine installed by a third party vendor” where a judgement was passed in October forcing the company to pay $68,950. Additionally, Ford of Escondido is seeking payment for seven Mustangs for a total of $222,871. Both of those amounts have been added to the accounts payable portion of Saleen’s 10-Q.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back