New Sound For The 5.0

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score
I had a set of those...for less then a week. Just didn't like the high rpm rasp and lack of tonal quality. Swapped them out for something else. Hope you end up liking them more then I did...

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
I had a set of those...for less then a week. Just didn't like the high rpm rasp and lack of tonal quality. Swapped them out for something else. Hope you end up liking them more then I did...
I don't mind them. Long run I may get something else as I plan on running NMRA Super Stang some so I'll have to have mufflers.

Sounds good.

BUT

Install a x-pipe of your choice, I would recommend BBK. Thank me later.

Sound clip?

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
Drone on the highway......lol

Actually its not that bad, I haven't had it up to 70-80 on the highway yet but I took it an an hour round trip yesterday to a show and there really isn't any drone. My dad's GT500 with 3'' bassani's with cats is a whole lot louder.

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
X will clean that sound up. I had a similar issue with the Flowmaster Outlaws. Pretty much a straight through muffler. JBA X cleaned the noise right up, lowered the highway drone, and makes it sound so much better.

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
X will clean that sound up. I had a similar issue with the Flowmaster Outlaws. Pretty much a straight through muffler. JBA X cleaned the noise right up, lowered the highway drone, and makes it sound so much better.

So are you still running cats though or taking them off?

TenSpeed

Reaction score
I am running everything stock right now, cats, resonators, and just the X and the Outlaw axlebacks. I need to get a sound clip on here.

FIVE-OH

forum member
Reaction score

And an H pipe would make it sound even better. Deeper, less raspy...I found out the hard way (three axle backs later) that getting good sound out of these 5.0's is MUCH harder then the 4.6's. But I like a deeper, throatier sound, and most exhausts on these cars tend to be raspy and unrefined.

07TGGT

@user
Reaction score
H-Pipe paired with straight thru axle back does not sound anywhere near as good as X-Pipe and straight thrus. Trust me.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
H-Pipe paired with straight thru axle back does not sound anywhere near as good as X-Pipe and straight thrus. Trust me.

^ this x eleventy billion. I ran the Outlaws with the factory H. Rattled my teeth on a nice 4 hour drive to Chicago. My head was pounding by the time I got there. I was so sick of the drone that I was going under the speed limit to keep it down.

Now with this X on there, it is a lot nicer on the highway, and it eliminated quite a bit of the excessive noise.

cobra_4

forum member
Reaction score
I guess I need to drive my car on the highway, thinking of taking it on a little trip this weekend. I just don't have that bad of a drone.

TenSpeed

Reaction score
When it is sitting at 2000 rpm's constantly, I think that you may have a different outlook on the whole drone thing.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
I had them on my car for a couple weeks before I traded them for GT500's. I liked the sound, the drone was forgiveable, but the fitment sucked.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back