New Steeda CAI with Synthamax Dry Filter for 2005-2009 Mustang GT $115 shipped

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I purchased this before I found the Bullitt intake I'm currently using. It's brand new and comes with an Airraid Synthamax filter than is dry and doesn't need oiling.

You can reuse your stock inlet elbow or use the Steeda high flow elbow. Elbow isn't included.

$125 shipped.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
This is the same CAI that Ford Racing sold and it's the same model that was used with the Shelby GT S197 in 07, 08, and 09. It will work with the stock inlet elbow and it will work with the Steeda high flow elbow. It will work with other elbows but I can't guarantee which ones.

This CAI is brand new. I've used one in the past and can say that it works and looks great.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
I put it together temporarily to show how it looks for anyone who doesn't know. It's an inexpensive way to get a cai for your 3v since it will use the stock intake elbow until you decide to go with the Steeda High Flow or High Flow Carbon Fiber elbow.

Still has the protective wrap on it, the bulb seal is trim to fit and as shown they give a little extra. It's aluminum sheet which means it's going to have small scratches and surface blemishes unless you polish it.

$115 shipped FedEx.

BruceH

BBB Big Bore Boss 322
Reaction score
Does it require a tune?

A little more info is that the maf is 90mm. This means it requires a tune. It also means that it is more than enough airflow for a 4.6 3v.

A matching Steeda High Flow elbow is about $120. The total price for this and an elbow is far below the cost of a Steeda CAI with the elbow. The one I'm selling comes with a Synthamax air filter. IMO it's an upgrade over an oiled air filter CAI. The regular Steeda cai comes with an oiled filter, a Sythamax is about $45. Maintaining the Sythamax is as easy as blowing it out with compressed air. No liquid cleaning or re oiling required. No oiling is good for the maf.

If someone wants to buy this without the air filter I'd bring the price down to $85 shipped. It's $115 shipped for the whole thing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back