new steering wheel, airbag cover

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
I installed a new Roush steering wheel about a month ago then changed the airbag cover yesterday.

old airbag cover with screwed up emblem

new

blacked out

trying out the carbon fiber hydro dipped spokes

Last edited:

forum member
Reaction score
That looks great. Where did you get he air bag cover and how hard was it to change?

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
got it off ebay for $115

they are easy to change. only special item needed is a rivet gun. if you ever decide to do it it takes about an hour and that includes unhooking battery and removing the air bag. i could walk you through it easily.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
HA, winter has me down. i cant get motivated when its cold. you ought to see the front wheels after installing the EBC yellow stuff pads and rotors.......dusty.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
are the leds blue or green? Also I wish i could find a deal on that steering wheel

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
hell yea! I've always loved the 2010+ emblem. Found some asshat on eBay selling them in sets of 4 as Ford "center caps" for wheels... lmao. So I got 2 orders of them. 1 of them is now on my steering wheel and 4 more now serve as center caps on my wheels. They appear to hold up much better than the OEM 05-09 emblem did... every one I've seen is pitting. Drives me insane.

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
hell yea! I've always loved the 2010+ emblem. Found some asshat on eBay selling them in sets of 4 as Ford "center caps" for wheels... lmao. So I got 2 orders of them. 1 of them is now on my steering wheel and 4 more now serve as center caps on my wheels. They appear to hold up much better than the OEM 05-09 emblem did... every one I've seen is pitting. Drives me insane.

Link to said caps. My is starting to pit also lol.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
The palm swell on these are really nice. I took out my stock GT premium steering wheel to swap in a Boss suede, which really ups the grip factor. I just wish I could make it a bit thicker. I've actually been tempted to come up with some kind of project where I study the stitching method done on the wheel, carefully undo it, and see if I can add one wrap of some kind of soft sticky foam or rubber tape (like for tennis rackets or even bicycle handlebars, then very carefully try and stretch the suede back over it.

I doubt it would fit, so I'd probably really have to get knee deep into the project, making a template of the pieces of suede, buy more of it, enlarge the pieces ever so slightly, then teach myself how to suture it all back together. But I'd love to have it thicker just in certain parts. It probably wouldn't be noticeable unless it was pointed out. But I'm sure if someone grasped the wheel, they'd notice a difference.

Hmmm, maybe I should get on this. It would be a fun learning project. I imagine if I was extremely careful, I could keep the original pieces and re-attach them if it didn't end up working out well.

My only gripe is the branding. I hate visible branding. It's just my thing to avoid. But the design of that wheel is incredible.

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
yeah that's like this roush, I wish it was thicker from the 9 oclock to 3 oclock position. if you drive with both hands on the wheel it feels great, as soon as you put one hand just at the top it feels thin.

ive since blacked out the wheel

Last edited:

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Looks sweet man! Where did you pick it up at?

Edit* The wheel, I saw where you said ebay for the airbag cover, although I cant find any of them either..lol

Last edited:

KonaBlue11

forum member
Reaction score
And just curious, how does the airbag emblem get that jacked up in the first place? It looks like it's been soaked in Jasco varnish remover!

speedfreak1000

2 sided tape expert
Reaction score
And just curious, how does the airbag emblem get that jacked up in the first place? It looks like it's been soaked in Jasco varnish remover!

a short stupid story of a dumbass(me) that tried to change the emblem.

Where did you get the airbag emblem? Mine is looking rough!

its the entire airbag cover, I found it on ebay for around $119 I think. I see a lot off the cobra ones on there now but not the pony.

got the wheel at summit. here is what they have now.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/grt-52201/overview/year/2006/make/ford/model/mustang

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back