New to S197's

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
My current and only Stang is a '12 GT premium 6M. Bought it new a few months ago and the dealer had installed Eibach Sportlines, Flowmaster American Thunder AB and Ford racing's 18" matte black wheels. The windows are tinted 15% too. Need to go darker.

The last Stang I had was an '04 Mach 1. Miss that car.

The wheels will stay but the springs and mufflers have been yanked off. Factory springs are on it for now. The exhaust is Borla's S-type AB.

No big plans for making more power but I will one day get the car lowered a little and put better shocks/struts on it. Also will be changing wheels and possibly doing some visual upgrades. So far I've blacked out the grill to see if I could live with having an all black grill in it's place. Not a big fan of the lights in the grill or that huge pony.

As delivered
IMAG1049.jpg

Current look
IMAG1173.jpg

IMAG1061.jpg

DDTCM

Dan
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Car looks good but why did you return it to stock ride height?

302GT

forum member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Car looks good but why did you return it to stock ride height?

The stock ride height blows in the looks department and trust me, I miss the "look" of the Eibach's. Problem was the Eibach's reminded me of my old Mach 1 with cut springs and the drop was is so low with the Sportlines that other suspension upgrades would have been necessary to make the car handle safely. I tend to drive WAY over the limit and to be honest the car is much safer/easier to drive with the factory springs. I'd love to have the car lowered but only if everything else was meant to work with that drop.

To give you an idea of how bad it was when I would hit an expansion gap on one of these NC hwy's at 70-80mph the rear of the car would slam down and pop back up so fiercely that it made my wife fly up off the seat back while she was napping. It was unnerving having to tense up at each bridge we crossed.

Around town it didn't ride too bad and was totally livable as far as harshness goes. It was when I would drive the car hard through some twisty backroads that it never felt quite right. It liked to bottom out on occasion. Not sure if it was the shocks themselves or the bump stops. It had Eibach's short little stops on there too.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Welcome and nice looking mustang.

Be sure to check out our web site too.

SteedaBrandon

Banned
Reaction score
Welcome to S197! Nice ride you have there (like the interior and the wheels)! Let me know if I can help you with any mods or anything for it. :)

TenSpeed

Boss 227..every damn time
Reaction score
Welcome!! Nice ride. I am digging the interior on that, which surprises me. Car looks great. Hope you get the suspension issues worked out.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back