Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Leave them "As-Is".

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Just as the title says. I have new wheels on my car and I also already have the G2 caliper paint system that is supposed to be the best there is. However, I have the black kit, but am wondering if I should go with the red kit. Please let me know your opinions and here's a couple pictures to help you decide.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Stang-3.jpg

Stang-5.jpg

jsnyng

Reaction score
I voted to leave them as-is. I think a different color would detract from the wheels and that polished inner lip. If you are definitely going to paint them, go with black. Your car looks great, but I would not add anymore red to it. Race Red is already "in your face" red. It doesn't need any more.

G.T

Reaction score
i think leave them alone or go red.

black doesn't look right IMO since the inside of the wheel is showing through as brushed aluminum for some reason

Attachments

• VTX.jpg
    VTX.jpg
    362.1 KB · Views: 56

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Frank, I voted for red but I personally think you should do a combination of both. Not trying to toot my own horn, but that is what I did. Paint the caliper itself red and the bracket around it black. I used to have mine all red but I think it was a little much. Looks much better/cleaner this way.

Before :
2369.jpg

After:
2492.jpg

VTXFrank

Obama SUCKS!
Reaction score
Frank, I voted for red but I personally think you should do a combination of both. Not trying to toot my own horn, but that is what I did. Paint the caliper itself red and the bracket around it black. I used to have mine all red but I think it was a little much. Looks much better/cleaner this way.

Damn brother, that does look good. I hadn't even thought of that and it won't give that overwhelming red look some have mentioned. :thumb: I think that's what I'll be doing. Going to think on it awhile though.

i think leave them alone or go red.

black doesn't look right IMO since the inside of the wheel is showing through as brushed aluminum for some reason

There is a polished aluminum inner lip. :lol2:

RedFire07GT

11sec N/A 3V
Reaction score
Damn them wheels look real good on your car Frank! Congrats!

Id go with some nice gloss black paint for the calipers, alot of folks always match there cars with calipers so why not be different.

Brandon

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back