Votes: 20 39.2%
  • Leave them "As-Is".

Votes: 7 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
I voted to leave them as-is. I think a different color would detract from the wheels and that polished inner lip. If you are definitely going to paint them, go with black. Your car looks great, but I would not add anymore red to it. Race Red is already "in your face" red. It doesn't need any more.

^^^^This

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
Frank, I also meant to tell you that I painted mine with the kit fom Advance Auto(or Autozone, O'Reillys, etc.). It comes with brake cleaner, masking tape, brush, and a small can of paint. It is plenty, as I have put about 5 thick coats on my brakes and touched them up a few times and I still have about half a can left. I painted mine when I first got the car almost two years ago and they still look great. Just be careful and never spray them with any kind of chemicals or a pressure washer and they will hold up fine. Just take your time(clean, prep, and two to three thick coats) and they will turn out great. It is only $18 for the kit so you could buy a black and a red for cheaper than you paid for the one kit you have now. :beer:

Shane361

forum member
Reaction score
No offence to the brush kit users...but Ford doesn't paint the car with brushes..so why paint calipers with them?? You have two examples in this thread alone, one with a brush and one(mine) with a fantip spray can. I've done both....fantip spraycan FTW.-Shane

Daniel Day

Resident psychopath
Reaction score
No offence to the brush kit users...but Ford doesn't paint the car with brushes..so why paint calipers with them?? You have two examples in this thread alone, one with a brush and one(mine) with a fantip spray can. I've done both....fantip spraycan FTW.-Shane
None taken. I will admit that those brakes you posted looked very nice. But seriously, who is going to be looking at your brakes close enough to tell what kind of paint you used(unless you were being professionally judged in a car show or something). Besides, the calipers themselves are rough so you can not see any brush strokes. Like they say, different strokes for different folks!(pun intended)

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Either color will look great. I have red on a silver car. I say go for black. I might even change mine to black for something new.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back