Next Mod for Drag Racing.

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks fosters. In fairness I'd like to hear if he was using drag tires or stock. If you are launching hard and especially using relocation brackets then you MUST weld your axle tubes and install a brace like CHE makes. I learned the hard (expensive) way.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Morris, a good reason would be that I'm running 12.0's with stock exhaust and stock tune. So what's that Bama tune doing for you?
badass - I just wanted to quote that :beer:

drag springs will help. If you go with the older CJ springs (2008-2010 variants, p/n M-5300-Q) they don't drop the car much and you might be able to leave the factory UCA in place. If you go with the 2013 CJ springs that slam the car you will have to get an adj UCA.

- drag springs
- adj rear shocks
- remove front sway bar/bracket install with lightweight radiator support
- practice

have fun!

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
I'm going to the track Friday night. The DA is supposed to be negative so we will see if I break into the 11's or break the car!

Batmobile5_0

Reaction score
Thanks For the Suggestions

I did get the axle tubes welded earlier this week. Looks like my next upgrade will be the BMR adj. UCA and '13 CJ springs. Also got the car retuned by Lund and put the car on 100 shot. Idk when I'll get to the track again.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
Going to etown Saturday to suck up some negative Da yo!
Last runs for the year.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Morris, a good reason would be that I'm running 12.0's with stock exhaust and stock tune. So what's that Bama tune doing for you?

Yes but you are on dr's right? I'm on street tires. What was your trap mph? Mine was 117.

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
I suspected you might be on street tires after I posted Morris. In that case I'd say the exhaust and tune may have gotten you 2 tenths. IIRC, I was running 12.4's on my stock pirellis at less MPH. What are your sixty foot times? Mine were in the 1.8's on the pirellis slipping the clutch. I'm anxious to see what I can coax out of it at Atco tomorrow night.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
Wishing you luck. I think my best was a 1.87 or so.

Falkinman

forum member
Reaction score
Well 11 seconds was not in the cards tonight. The air was great. DA was -835'. Best pass was 12.079 @ 113.7mph. I managed a best of 1.677 sixty foot time. Miles per hour and ET was down in better air. What's that mean? Unfortunately my clutch has seen it's better days. I felt it slip on a few launches and I had difficulty shifting on my last three runs. Not to mention the unmistakable smell of burnt clutch. Oh well. Time for a clutch upgrade. This is the second stock clutch in the car. I guess they were not made for launching over 6,000 RPM.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
Well 11 seconds was not in the cards tonight. The air was great. DA was -835'. Best pass was 12.079 @ 113.7mph. I managed a best of 1.677 sixty foot time. Miles per hour and ET was down in better air. What's that mean? Unfortunately my clutch has seen it's better days. I felt it slip on a few launches and I had difficulty shifting on my last three runs. Not to mention the unmistakable smell of burnt clutch. Oh well. Time for a clutch upgrade. This is the second stock clutch in the car. I guess they were not made for launching over 6,000 RPM.

nice work! I had a good night at Capitol - updated the mastering the art of the 3 link thread.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im willing to bet that Paul Meister will turn around Bama's tune reputation. He really knows his stuff.

Morris

forum member
Reaction score
I think better 60 foot times often result in low trap speed but better et's.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back