nitrous With stock cats

351inside

forum member
Reaction score
I was wondering if i decide to spray the car will it need an o/r Pipe because of the stock cats, i just want to run a 100 shot for now on a JLt/tune car. My exhaust mods are just muffler deletes and resonator deletes Thanks for the info.

Full_Tilt

forum member
Reaction score
The rich AFRs required for anything more than a tiny shot of nitrous will likely ruin the cats and/or clog them.
Not to mention the fact that exhaust flow shows significantly learger gains with nitrous than you would see with an NA engine due to the Nitrous's effect on combustion products volume (think of it like supercharging), so eliminating cats is well worth it as far as power is concerned.

5.0lightning

You do not need an off-road pipe. All that extra oxygen will only make the converter more efficient. Your on the spray for such a short duration that any temperature increases will be within acceptable limits. Even if you were running rich on more than just the initial hit it's too short of a duration to have any ill affects. I've sprayed this shit for years on converter cars with absolutely zero catalytic converter failures. My current car has been through over 120 passes with cats, on a 75-125 shot not including I spray this bitch up and down the block every week.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back