Nitto tire sucks with customer service!!!

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Ok so I have had a vibration over 100 miles an hour with my car since I bought it from the original owner. Who never had a vibration. He is my buddy so I know it's true.

The first thing I did to the car was replace all 4 tires. Well after geoing through every thing else and finding nothing, I checked the tires. Both rear tires are severly out of round. They are 305/35R20 nitto NT555R drag radials. By out of round I mean running the car on Jack stands in gear at 20mph you can see it. So I took a mag base and put a silver sharpie in it and rolled the tire to the high spot and ran it in gear up to 20 again. 30% of BOTH rear tires had no marks on them........ I have about 2000 miles on these tires.

So I called nitto......

First thing out of the ass clowns mouth.... "Where were you going over 100 miles per hour ?" I told him on the turn pike, and at the track. He instantly tells me that any warranty is voided by mis-use, or competition use, especially drag racing!!!

He then tells me that the tire was intended fir street use, and that does not include speeds over 75 mph, and the workmanship warranty is only good for the first 1/32" of tread ware......

First off, I'm not hitching about wear. I'm hitching about $700 worth of tires that are junk after 2000 miles and 3 track passes. They have plenty of tread, there just fucking foot ball shaped!!!

Who the hell makes a DRAG RADIAL that you can't drag race on? And who the hell makes a tire with a 1/32" workmanship warranty???

I want to fly to Cali and beat this ass hat with my tire!! I'm so lissed right now I want to smoke all 4 tires to the cords and send them back to them with dead squirrles inside them all.

If I had the money, you can bet your ass those tires would be coming off that car in a hurry, and I'd be looking for some roadkill!!!!

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Please excuse the miss spelled curse words. I'm using my iphone that is a pain in the ass to write swears with.

mmiller40

Reaction score
Please excuse the miss spelled curse words. I'm using my iphone that is a pain in the ass to write swears with.

Iphone autocomplete sucks.. I replied to my brother last week to say " U are weird" and he replies back "since when?" Thanks to auto complete I send him " I am queer" :roflmao:

1fastpony

forum member
Reaction score
Bought my 555 extremes and got the road hazard $25 ea. Driving here in NO I have had to replce 5 of 6 tires due to debrie. The last time they required the two damaged tires returned and were a little picky and I understand why cause the number of tire replaced. Guess you didn't have the road hazard, if so...well you get my point. Or you could take a drive through NO or similiar city.

However, that guy sounds like the guy I spoke with last time till I said "Don't I have road hazard on these tires"? Just send me two new ones.

The thing about DR's and excess of 75 mph is a joke foe sure. It reminds me of the Centerforce rep who told me after the clutch blew last month the clutch really wasn't design for the track...WTF. I thought that was just a dumm ass comment but I sopke with a few speed shops and that was the same comment they got a few yrs earlier so they went to a different clutch setup. Kinda false advertising to me.

Last edited:

irishpwr46

Official Site Vandal
Reaction score
buy new tries with the road hazard ins on them. tell them there is a problem and send the old tires back

DKS

Wax on, Wax off.
Reaction score
Wow dude, that sucks. I had a similar issue with them but luckily I got the shop I got them from to "lie" to them and get them to replace them to the shop and the shop just gave me credit. Needless to say, I went with a different brand for the switch since the shop carried different brands. Mine weren't footballs, just extreme fast wear. If they would have been on my Stang I could have understood it, but this was on my gf's car and she's never done a burnout in her life, lol

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
Yeah. I have no issues with the tread wear, or the fact that I know that how I drive my car, and having 500+ wheel hp is going to eat tires fast. It's when I buy a Z rated tire, that says "Extreme Drag" on the sidewall, and then am told after the company gets my $700, that they weren't meant for high speed or drag racing. I should call the NTSB, and NHSTA, and tell them that the per nitto, the tires are not good for the rating they have.

Jesus I think my riding mower tires are good for 75 mph, and a burn out or two!!

Sinotis

forum member
Reaction score
There is a good chance that your rim runout is causing your problems and not the tires. Might want to think of that before you go slamming nitto.

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
I'm slamming nitto because earlier today, a hunter roadforce 9700 said the rims were fine and the tires were not.

Bad tires aside, the nitto rep was still a complete asshole.....

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
their customer service sucks sure sounds like it but their tire sucks even more as a drag radial. lol

702GT

S197 Fanatic
Reaction score
Mickey T's FTMFW.

I hate company's that don't back their products, period. I understand it's a rep trying to save the company money, but seriously, if they slap "Extreme Drag" on your tires, you'd better warranty them if they don't hold up to "Extreme Drag Racing." You should've told the guy you from 5.0 Magazine or something. He'd probably cut the douchebag act quick.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Mickey T's FTMFW.

I hate company's that don't back their products, period. I understand it's a rep trying to save the company money, but seriously, if they slap "Extreme Drag" on your tires, you'd better warranty them if they don't hold up to "Extreme Drag Racing." You should've told the guy you from 5.0 Magazine or something. He'd probably cut the douchebag act quick.

a year ago id agree with the mickey T's but the M&H drag radials are 100x better than the mickeys IMO

SLOPONY

Gotta love Stangs
Reaction score
The other problem I have is that no one makes a 20" tire sticky enough for my car. I don't dare to run a street tire with the power my car makes. I'm stuck with expensive shitty tires if I want any kind of traction. I used to run pirli p zero rosso's, until I power shifter 3rd and did a nice 100' burn out at over 70 mph.

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
you sure about that? I find ZERO info on google about that. They are very different tires. Ive had multiple sets of both

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back